Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
mmiille

Covenant Fireplace

We have a new 2020 Alpine 5th wheel. It has a built in 40'' black fireplace. It says Covenant on the back. Model WD914-40C. There is no manual or remote. I'm looking for a manual and a remote but can't seem to locate anything on line. Does anyone else have one of these?
mmiille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

A quick scan and from posts on the forest river forum your issue is a common one with that fireplace; no manual, no remote, no mention on the internet. I would go back to the dealer, and Keystone if required, to obtain both - or at least see what they say the answer is.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
bobbecky

Did a search using your model number and came up with this. Does this look like what you have? https://www.electricfireplacesdirect...-80008-Man.pdf
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #4
mmiille

It looks like it, but the numbers don't match. I'll try calling Keystone.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Did a search using your model number and came up with this. Does this look like what you have? https://www.electricfireplacesdirect...-80008-Man.pdf

That's the manual I found and the numbers didn't match. On the FR forum (I believe) one of the members said he had that manual but it did not match the number he had (like OPs).
Old 10-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #6
mmiille

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
A quick scan and from posts on the forest river forum your issue is a common one with that fireplace; no manual, no remote, no mention on the internet. I would go back to the dealer, and Keystone if required, to obtain both - or at least see what they say the answer is.
I tried the dealer, and they were no help. They said call the parts department. I'm sure that I'm not the first one to pick up an RV where they forgot to hand over the manuals. I'm missing the AC ones too. If I drive over there and make a scene, they might take a look for me.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
I tried the dealer, and they were no help. They said call the parts department. I'm sure that I'm not the first one to pick up an RV where they forgot to hand over the manuals. I'm missing the AC ones too. If I drive over there and make a scene, they might take a look for me.

How far is it "over there"? I don't know who you are working with but I would start with the sales manager. Let him assist you in getting to the right person, and right answer, in the dealership. If he can't then escalate to the person that runs the place. Yes, some folks receive their units without proper documentation. It is one of the things you should check before taking delivery. Did you do a pre or post inspection of the unit?
Old 10-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #8
mmiille

We did the walk around and walk through. They did a good job, but it's not possible to cover everything. This got missed and it's my fault. Over there is about 40 miles, but I will call first. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
We did the walk around and walk through. They did a good job, but it's not possible to cover everything. This got missed and it's my fault. Over there is about 40 miles, but I will call first. Thanks.

You know, I would be in your shoes if they had not put all the manuals there; they just pointed to the stack and said "there they are". I did not pull every manual to check.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:56 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

You might "cruise the sales lot" at your dealership and see if there is another trailer with the same fireplace. If there is one, then grab the sales manager by the ear and take them to that unit, ask to see the Owner's Packet for that trailer. See if there is a manual for the fireplace in that packet. If there is, either "obtain it" or have the sales manager make you a copy of the manual.

What happens at the factory is this: As the components are uncrated and placed in the trailer as it goes "down the line" the manuals and accessories are placed in a box inside the trailer. At the end of the line, everything in that box is placed in a plastic document holder and then "put in a cupboard for the future owner".... It's very common (I'd guess) for a line worker to toss the manual toward the box, miss it and that manual gets tossed as trash during the "constant cleanup" to keep the trailer workable as it goes down the line...

Find a comparable trailer, if the manual is there, problem solved.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I would be in your shoes if they had not put all the manuals there; they just pointed to the stack and said "there they are". I did not pull every manual to check.
When we bought this ast trailer the PDI lasted about six hours. 90 min of that was the tech explaining how things worked. About 3 hrs was spent by me compiling a list of things needing to be repaired. I did my inspection with a clipboard and the packet of manuals. I was lucky,nor more to the point the dealer was lucky that every manual, warranty card, etc. was in that plastic sleeve.

Let me backup and first state that I knew the tech was not going to be able to stay with me that long. I explained to the salesman going in (I ordered the unit from the factory) my terms which were:

I would inspect the unit and all issues would be corrected before signing and accepting the unit. Only exception would be if parts had to be ordered.
The tech did not need to accompany me during my inspection hut was welcome to do so.
All manuals, warranty cards, instructions, etc. were to provided upon delivery.
Amazingly the unit was in excellent shape and the few minor issues were addressed that afternoon and I took it home that evening.

Now here's how unpredictable trailers are. I signed the check and paperwork, hitched up, and drove the couple of miles home. Backed it into the driveway, got out to unhitch and heard a load hissing noise and could smell propane. Removed the tank cover and found the driver side pig tail leaking at the regulator. I fixed that with a little yellow Teflon tape in about 10 mins.

2 Days later on our maiden voyage the microwave became possess. It would turn itself on and attempt to cook nothing. I called the dealer (on a Saturday) and spoke with the service dept. They asked if I was going to use the camper again the next weekend. I told them we were leaving the following Friday. They said stop on my way out and they would replace it. They replaced it while I waited, no warranty paperwork, no issues. About 15 min after pulling on the lot we were on our way with a new microwave that they pulled out of another new trailer.

The point of this lengthy story is that no matter how thorough the PDI "stuff" can and will still happen. The dealer makes all the difference between a possible positive experience and a nightmare. Just as importantly is the owner's attitude and approach. Clearly expressing your expectations and not immediately taking an adversarial position can go a long way.

Unfortunately a few years after that the family owned dealership sold out to a company from the west coast and it made a 180 turn in customer service.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:44 AM   #12
mmiille

Well the parts dept. sent me to keystone, keystone sent me back to the parts dept. They are still looking into it. No one seems to know about this brand.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:05 AM   #13
Javi

Quote:
Well the parts dept. sent me to keystone, keystone sent me back to the parts dept. They are still looking into it. No one seems to know about this brand.
This is what is in my 2020 Avalanche https://cdn.accentuate.io/1928953397...3398915476.pdf
Old 10-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #14
mmiille

It looks similar except mine doesn't say furrion on the front. My furrion universal remote doesn't work with it either.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #15
Javi

Quote:
It looks similar except mine doesn't say furrion on the front. My furrion universal remote doesn't work with it either.
The universal remote works with the DVD/CD, Radio and the TV but not the fire place.. The remote for the fireplace looks just like the one in the PDF..

Very small, thin piece of plastic.. Later I'll try to post a photo of it for size reference.. we'll be in the trailer tonight..
Old 10-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #16
mmiille

My universal remote does have a fireplace button. As I said before, it doesn't work for my fireplace.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:52 AM   #17
Javi

Quote:
My universal remote does have a fireplace button. As I said before, it doesn't work for my fireplace.
I'll take another look at the universal remote, to be honest I haven't fooled with it much beyond turning on the TV..
Old 10-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #18
mmiille

Looks like this.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:09 AM   #19
jsb5717

Maybe I missed it but it sounds like you actually pulled the unit out of the wall to check for any tags?
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #20
jsb5717

When you press the TV button on that remote then the very bottom row of buttons work on the Furrion Fireplace. It works on mine.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote