Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
Lou Tenant

Axle Alignment Question

I just returned home from a 2200 mile trip. I noticed the passenger front tire was worn on the outside of the tread. I checked the drivers front tire
and it was worn on the inside tread. This is on an Everest 34 fifth wheel with the moreryde suspension system which was rebuilt and upgraded less the 5k miles ago. I also had a brake job done right before our trip. Does this sound like an alignment issue? Anyone have this happen to their rig before.

Thanks
Lou Tenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
Ddubya

It could be alignment. I would contact Lippert(Dexter) and talk to them. I had a similar issue and they were very good at talking me through all of the measurements to confirm it was a bent axle. They sent me two new axles at no charge. I have only taken a few short trips since I replaced the axles but leave July 4th for Alaska so that will be the test.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Cbrez

When I had extreme tire wear it ended up being a bent axle. Tire wear was on the inside treads, which makes sense. Not sure this would explain the tire wear you are seeing on the outer treads though.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle