Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
toplot

2020 Keystone Premier 26rbpr

Hello, I am new to this forum. My wife and I are seriously considering the purchase of a new 2020 Keystone Premier 26 rbpr.
Seems difficult to find some reviews on these units.
The reviews I have seen are not very encouraging.
We love the layout of this unit but we are wondering if we will have tons of warranty issues with it.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
toplot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
papachaz

I've said this for years, every brand and even specific units are going to have 'love em' and 'hate em' reviews. They're all going to need work at some point. Best thing to do is research the dealer, go with one who has the best 'service after the sale' type reviews.

I'll say this, having some issues with my cougar leveling system, and a couple of other things in the 10 months since we bought it, but my dealer is top notch! I've talked to a couple of different people at the dealership, but the OWNER has personally called me to check on the progress multiple times.

Find THAT dealer close enough to you to be able to do business with. My dealer is Camper Kingdom, Meridian MS, if you're anywhere close to them, I highly recommend
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
jeff57

We bought our 2017 26RBPR new in Sept. 2016 and have had no issues with it. Just like you, we love the floor plan! As "papa" ^ said, a good dealer can make or break the ownership experience, especially if you have to deal with warranty work. And a local dealer would be best, if applicable.
Previous: 2014 F150 SCrew 4x4 w/3.5 EcoBoost; 2014 Laredo 274RB

jeff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
toplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff57 View Post
We bought our 2017 26RBPR new in Sept. 2016 and have had no issues with it. Just like you, we love the floor plan! As "papa" ^ said, a good dealer can make or break the ownership experience, especially if you have to deal with warranty work. And a local dealer would be best, if applicable.
Thank you very much. This is great to hear !!!!
Old 02-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Northofu1

from Toronto

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:01 AM   #6
66joej

Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
If you are in Manitouwadge Ontario I see your closest dealer is in Thunder Bay or the Soo. So taking it to a dealer for warranty is a pain. And it will undoubtedly happen. If there is an RV repair shop in town you may be able to coordinate warranty work with the dealer and have them do it. YMMV JMO

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:05 AM   #7
toplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
If you are in Manitouwadge Ontario I see your closest dealer is in Thunder Bay or the Soo. So taking it to a dealer for warranty is a pain. And it will undoubtedly happen. If there is an RV repair shop in town you may be able to coordinate warranty work with the dealer and have them do it. YMMV JMO
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately we are a small community and will definitely have to travel for any warranty work.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #8
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplot View Post
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately we are a small community and will definitely have to travel for any warranty work.
Welcome to the forum, lots of great folks here that are very happy to help.

We have a 2014, smaller, version of that trailer (22RBPR) and love it, it is perfect for the 2 of us and our 80 pound Lab. The DW loves the outdoor kitchen.

I had a few issues with it, that I corrected myself and the dealer helped out by getting Keystone to drop ship the required parts to me and even cut me a check for my labor on 1 repair.

We have put just over 12,000 miles on it since we purchased it in March of 2015, it was a previous year model hold over.

Buy it, enjoy it and get out and see things.

-Brian
Old 02-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #9
Just chillin

Welcome to the forum. If you can’t find a lot of complaints about it it must be a decent trailer. I have a 2019 26RBPR and it has never been back to the dealer since it left. The only problem we had with it was the heater duct came loose from the vent in the front bedroom but that was a simple fix. All in all I can’t complain It has been a good trailer and I’ve had very little trouble with it I think you would like it.
Just chillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #10
papachaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
Welcome to the forum, lots of great folks here that are very happy to help.

We have a 2014, smaller, version of that trailer (22RBPR) and love it, it is perfect for the 2 of us and our 80 pound Lab. The DW loves the outdoor kitchen.

I had a few issues with it, that I corrected myself and the dealer helped out by getting Keystone to drop ship the required parts to me and even cut me a check for my labor on 1 repair.

We have put just over 12,000 miles on it since we purchased it in March of 2015, it was a previous year model hold over.

Buy it, enjoy it and get out and see things.

-Brian
yeah my dealer has shipped me some parts, and I am currently waiting on some parts they're having Keystone direct ship to me as well. Hadn't even thought they might reimburse me for my labor, but I don't really mind if they don't. One thing about doing the things we can do ourselves, it doesn't require hauling it in, and waiting on 'my turn'. Plus I trust me.....LOL

actually got a notification earlier from UPS that my parts will be delivered tomorrow, so hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'll have my auto level system fixed and ready to go
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #11
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by papachaz View Post
.... One thing about doing the things we can do ourselves, it doesn't require hauling it in, and waiting on 'my turn'. Plus I trust me.....LOL
Amen to that, ours have never been "serviced" by anyone but me

-Brian
Old 02-27-2020, 02:46 PM   #12
WNY Bullet

We love our 2015 26RBPR! It's a great floor plan and tons of storage...
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #13
Huntme

take the family out and Enjoy.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #14
Gkula

My wife and bought a new 2019 bullet premier 30RIPR (in October of 2018) and we absolutely love it. Keystone has kept us informed and fixed the 1 recall for FREE! It's our first unit from Keystone and we are very happy with it. I have done some things to it (ie. hard wired the progressive surge protector) with the help of YouTube. We did our research and it has paid off. Keystone Bullet Premier is a hidden gem people dont know about.
Gkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #15
Cari&Dar

Dealer makes the difference

We bought a 2019 Premier 22RBR - love it. Had a couple of issues with the water pump and water heater, but nothing major. We bought at a dealer about an hour away to save a few bucks and have never been back or heard from them. We went to the local dealer for the repairs and have been very happy with their service and will buy from them next time. We did a ton of research before deciding on a premier and are happy with our buy.
Cari&Dar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone