Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
Tonybka

Angry Wiring incorrect for Dish on 2017 3820FK

We have a 2017 3820 FK that we bought new in 2017. I am now spending a lot of time in it at various worksites. Last week I bought the Dish portable setup. After hours of messing with the coax plugins in the outside cabinet with no luck, I ran the coax through a window (snow) and wired in direct to the receiver and tv. It worked fine. I am home for a few weeks, so I went to the dealer Tacoma RV, and told them of the issue. They said that Keystone is aware of the problem, has corrected it for the new models,but will not pay to have it corrected on earlier models...this after we also bought an extended service warranty. I will be calling Keystone on Monday, but has anyone else dealt with this. Running a coax through a window is pretty ghetto.
Thanks
Tonybka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
66joej

I agree with the way the coax is routed and hooked up in today's RVs is at times a nightmare. Any time we are at a site for a month or more we get the local cable company to hook us up to tv/internet. The Tech has always routed the coax through a window or slide. They all say it's too much trouble trying to trace the proper terminal inside the TT so "ghetto style" is the way we have it done.
By the way welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

I have an old 2002 which was long before sat tv became popular in RVs. There was no sat tv hookup on a 2002 Cougar. I bought a weather proof pass through connector like this one:
https://www.allrv.com/winegard-wa-10...yABEgIesvD_BwE

I located the connector on the outside of my trailer adjacent to the inside entertainment center cabinet. If not obstructed, I put my Dish Playmaker antenna up atop the slide and use a 10' piece of RG6 coax to connect to the new outside connector and on the inside need a 2' piece of coax to connect to my Wally receiver. Took about 15 minutes for the install and no wires through my windows OR between trailer and slide seal.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
66joej

Good idea George! Would make it easier for the hookup. No cables to trip over.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
Snoking

Hidden splitters, cable ends not compatible with HD signals, cable ends that pulled off, cables not tightened correctly on the back side of face plates, labeling wrong on and on. Three trailers in recent years starting in 1997 and one or more of this issues were present across three different brands.

Chris

Tags
wiring