Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Randy_K

Serious About Sirius

I just found out the trailer i ordered has come in. < Passport Elite 23RB > I had wanted the dealer to get the stereo upgraded to a unit that would have Sirius radio. Sirius is the only radio i listen to and had really hoped i could get it as a factory option.

Has anyone upgraded to a Serious system ? If it was just a radio it would be easy but the one in my trailer switches between indoor and outdoor speakers as well as being the DVD player. I have no idea what else it is hooked up to.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
rnkburg

Get a portable and plug into the aux jack on the stereo in camper. You will probably get more options with a good external unit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
mecfd67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
I just found out the trailer i ordered has come in. < Passport Elite 23RB > I had wanted the dealer to get the stereo upgraded to a unit that would have Sirius radio. Sirius is the only radio i listen to and had really hoped i could get it as a factory option.

Has anyone upgraded to a Serious system ? If it was just a radio it would be easy but the one in my trailer switches between indoor and outdoor speakers as well as being the DVD player. I have no idea what else it is hooked up to.

Randy
I like you have been a lifetime member of Sirius. (They wont even sell lifetime anymore). I have a portable just like you can get for a car and plug into the Aux jack and it works just fine.
mecfd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
geo

Randy_K -

If you do a Search in the Mods section, you will find a post from me that describes installing an external antenna and coax to drop two Sirius connections in our Alpine. I'm doing the same thing in our new fiver, except I'm using a Terk high gain trucker's antenna on the ladder.

Ron

On edit:

Here's the link: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ghlight=sirius

Though there are several comments, I like the antenna as it does not depend upon wireless or cellular coverage. I can enjoy DeepTracks with no phone, no computer connection, and no nightly news! Total bliss!
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote