Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
matstam13

Electric Awning wont go out

it seems as though the motor on our 2012 alpine awning may have gone out from previous discussions i have read. it makes a clicking sound but no reaction. i am wondering how to get to the motor with the awning in the closed postion. if its possible can you please provide some insite on how to go about this task. i am trying to avoid pulling the trailer all the way to the dealership.
thanks
matstam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Jay D

on my Sprinter the electric awning motor has a couple cap (use an allen wrench) screws on the arm that is towards the front of the tt. I removed them and was able to roll the awning in. It took my wife and I, with me standing on a picnic table to roll it in. Then I used some zip ties (tie wraps) around the frame to hold it in when driving. The motor would've been around $500 but it was under warranty. To remove the motor from the awning there is 3 or 4 rivets you need to drill out and then the motor will slide out the end of the tube. Hope this helps
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
matstam13

ended up having a service guy come out and replace the motor., it took two people to get it in and out I got a deal $330 on the $400 motor with $100 install. I hope keystone reimburses me on warranty due to i couldnt drop the trailer at a dealership for 7 to 10 days why they waited to fix the problem.
matstam13 is offline   Reply With Quote