Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Mountainmax

How come no towel or toilet paper holders?

I just bought my first camper and thought it was strange that her are no toilet paper holde or towell rocks. Why not? And where can I buy some stick on ones online here in Canada? Thanks in advance...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The theory is that Keystone believes that, because everyone's taste in paper towel and toilet paper holders is so different, they leave it (and the expense) up to each customer to purchase their own. I screwed my TP holder directly into the wall and use a stand-up paper towel holder.
Go to any hardware, kitchen/bath supply place, big box store, etc. They all have a wide variety of these holders.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Javi

Find the fixture you like and mount it on a board then use 3M Scotch Interlocking Reclosable Fastener 2" Width x 3" Length -(trim to fit) to attach it to the wall..
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Mountainmax

Good idea thanks. I didn't want to screw into something hidden inside the walls
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
curlyfungirl

We always keep our tp and paper towels in a cupboard close by when needed. We had our first trailer 4 years and never installed the tp holder included with our trailer. Out of site out of mind and you don't have to worry about screws coming out of the wall and leaving unsightly holes.
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

I did tile work and bath remodels for years and the biggest problem was always the location of TP holder, soap dish, shower shelves and towel bars. Everybody wants them in different locations for different reasons. I would have every member of the household cram into the bathroom and nobody was allowed to leave until all agreed on these locations. I would draw pictures of the fixtures with markers on the unfinished wall and leave it that way for a day and tell them to make any changes then or forever hold their ... well you get the idea.
So after all this, in defense of RV manufacturers ... If they did put them up most folks would complain about where they were.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
KJcachers

we use a stand up paper towel holder so we can take it to the table or outside with us. We also have a toilet paper holder thats on a stand with a heavy base so it doesn't even tip over when traveling.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
we use a stand up paper towel holder so we can take it to the table or outside with us. We also have a toilet paper holder thats on a stand with a heavy base so it doesn't even tip over when traveling.
This exactly!
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
schwalbach

anyone can make excuses for Keystone, BUT in my opinion leaving those items out was a HUGE letdown when we moved into the unit for the first time, my thoughts were "those cheap buzzards, I can not believe they could not finish building the unit correctly and complete" I suddenly started looking around to see what else they FORGOT to build complete on the unit, and had I not found this site and that it is normal, I would have considered it a mistake or a friday build.

I can not believe they were so cheap as to not install the small items, come on a towel holder and and a tp holder? Do it right Keystone, this IS NOT SOMETHING THE END USER SHOULD HAVE TO INSTALL!
Now that I am done venting, let the replies fly, I will still feel the same way!

2012 Keystone Laredo 275SBH
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
schwalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwalbach View Post
anyone can make excuses for Keystone, BUT in my opinion leaving those items out was a HUGE letdown when we moved into the unit for the first time, my thoughts were "those cheap buzzards, I can not believe they could not finish building the unit correctly and complete" I suddenly started looking around to see what else they FORGOT to build complete on the unit, and had I not found this site and that it is normal, I would have considered it a mistake or a friday build.

I can not believe they were so cheap as to not install the small items, come on a towel holder and and a tp holder? Do it right Keystone, this IS NOT SOMETHING THE END USER SHOULD HAVE TO INSTALL!
Now that I am done venting, let the replies fly, I will still feel the same way!
So you looked at the RV prior to purchase - and it didn't have them.... Then went through a pre-delivery inspection - and it didn't have them.... Yet now your disappointed? Lolzy.... OK...
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
alien_scones

Keystone included a TP holder for our Laredo 300RB. It was new, in box, in the drawer with all the paperwork / instruction manuals.
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #12
AlCorr

No excuses for Keystone, they leave them out because it's a lite weight trailer and that would be the straw that broke the camels back.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
Rowdy51

I found a perfect (solid) spot on our 312BH and got a recessed TP holder at one of the Big Box stores. I installed this as I finished adding a heat duct in the head.
08 White Diamond Avalanche LTZ
11 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ, Duramax
Rowdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwalbach View Post

It's not Keystone! A number of other RV manufacturers do not install the TP holder and other bathroom wall mount accessories because everybody wants them in different places!

My '99 Sunline came with a TP holder, toothbrush holder, soap holder and a towel bar all in a box. The Cougar came with a TP holder and a towel bar in a cabinet.

I have the freedom to put them where I want them or not to hang them at all. I also have the freedom to go buy something different if I don't like the manufacturer's choice of product. And no holes in the walls left in places that I don't want them when it's done.

The manufacturer is not being cheap, at least in this instance. They've learned the hard way not to mount these small things that people bitch so much about. Now, some of you are bitching because they don't hang them. Darned if they do, darned if they don't.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #15
Rowdy51

I agree with you Steve.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to install my stuff where I wanted it vs moving it later and then having to repair the original holes.
08 White Diamond Avalanche LTZ
11 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ, Duramax
Rowdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

I agree with Steve. In our RV, the bath is relatively small and there's no good place to hang a TP holder where it won't get wet by the shower, dripping hands at the sink or become a "knee-knocker" when using the toilet. We prefer to just put the roll in the vainty cupboard and take it out when needed. Saves wet paper, it's not in the way and we're satisfied. Keystone did include a 24" towel bar, toothbrush/toothpaste holder and a TP holder which were in a plastic bag under the bath vanity. Far as I can remember without going out to check, they are still in the bag, pushed to the back of the cabinet, down amongst the water supply lines.

For me, I'm glad Keystone didn't install all those things in the wrong place in our RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
KanTC

Our Laredo came with a towel bar, towel ring, soap dish, toothbrush holder & tp holder... but...
I also agree with Steve - in addition to the fact that not every manufacturer includes those items on 'every' brand!

And as an added tidbit, in MOST cases (but not all, of course) the manufacturers do not install those items
anyway... the DEALER DOES!! So, if you have a beef about missing items, you might ask your dealer!
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
Same for us.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
fireidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_scones View Post
Keystone included a TP holder for our Laredo 300RB. It was new, in box, in the drawer with all the paperwork / instruction manuals.
Oh is that what that's for....... lol
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
jsmith948

Attached our tp holder to a nice piece of stained oak and glued it to the inside of the vanity door - easy to reach and out of sight and out of the way when not needed

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote