Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
slopijom

09 Passport/spongy floor

I have an 09 Passport 292bh. My floor between the bathroom and stove has always been a little spongy. Brought it to the dealer and he just said it was because of the furnace ducting. Now its getting worse. You can feel where the floor apparently butts up in the middle of the floor. Also squeaking up front by the tv now.I have lots of noise from walking back and forth. I've looked under the tub, sink, fridge, and every opening i can find...No water damage. Has anyone had this problem and what could i do about this?
slopijom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Englishman

I don't think the floor should be spongy. It sound like you have water getting between the vinyl and the wood. I would take a look under the bath and around the toilet. Also check that the water pipe for the fridge is not block and it hanging out side of the grill. A couple of people that we camped with a couple of weeks ago had the same issue and the water was coming down from the fridge drain as it had been pushed back inside the TT. the had to replace the floor. i hope its not the same for you. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fridgevent.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1445  
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Terrydactile

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5121

If you can verify that water is not the issue then read the thread linked above. I have the same problem with my 08 Passport. So do many others.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
slopijom

Thanks for the advise and link. I've pulled out the furnace, plumbing under the sink and all available hatches. I see no evidence of water damage. there is a definate line in the center of the floor, one side is firm the other is spongy...I believe it must be an issue with the laminated floor. Im wondering if extended insurance covers that....Guess il have to drag it to the dealer and see. Thanks....
slopijom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
conroys cougar

Hi I have a shower floor that is week also in our 2012 24 RLS just a month old ? Now I wonder if Tradeing in my 2012 Cruiser was such a good thing .It's Back to the dealer C.W. now with 4 other things gone wrong.
conroys cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
piperpilot

I just purchased a used 09 Everest. Before we bought it I complained to Camping World that something was wrong with the floor. The salesperson told me some story about the duct for the furnace was on top the floor...I never had any idea what she was talking about and said we would pass on the unit. The service manager came and said..yep..something is not right...so they SUPPOSEDLY replaced the floor in the area. It still feels a bit soft but nothing like it was. I wanted to be there and see the repair before the vinyl was put back but it was finished by the time I arrived. I think it was actually the Dometic Refrigerator leaking. The overflow tray had nothing to force the water into the drain tube and someone had put a straw into it. I replaced that with a section of vinyl tubing to make sure the water leaves. BTW...there was damage to the trim around the refrigerator that Camping World has promised to repair. Just waiting on the parts.
piperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
redridinghood22

spongy floor

I recently purchased a new Sprinter wide body 331rls The previous trailer I had was a Rockwood 30 ft'er...We had severe damage (water damage) from a cracked roof vent and a ton of snow over the winter which resulted in vinyl failure and a ton of black mold.. the reason I say this is that the floor in my Rockwood was always spongy. It was not from water damage but because there was not enough bracing on the sub floor as there should have been..There were areas of the floor that had no bracing at all and the floor itself was not solid. It was styrafoam with a 1/4 in piece of luan glued to the top and bottom of the foam. Poor construction in my opinion. Check your undercarriage..make sure they haven't skimped on the supports for the floor...It's not always water damage...
redridinghood22 is offline   Reply With Quote