Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
rrohrer

is either easier to install? been eyeing these up for awhile now. glad to hear they seem to work and everyone seems happy with them. once i get 300 together it's time to shop. is tweety's an rv online store? i'll have to google that one.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohrer View Post
is either easier to install? been eyeing these up for awhile now. glad to hear they seem to work and everyone seems happy with them. once i get 300 together it's time to shop. is tweety's an rv online store? i'll have to google that one.
I found the Steadyfast easy to install by following the directions and it was easy. They even give you a drill bit to use for the self taping screws. BUT I had to get a good starter bit. Drill, bits, socket set with deepwell sockets will work better also. I could do another system quicker than mine as I understand it better and would not have to read and re-read directions. Worst thing was needing glasses to read directions and then the sweat rolling down my head while still wearing glasses. The welding was outsourced and done about two weeks later on a Saturday morning by a certified welder.
Tweety'sRV.com or something close to that.
SteadyFast.com is the one I used.
Randy
PS: go to my webshots page and you can see the install pictures on the Steadyfast system. I added the back pictures a week or so ago. They have their on page.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #23
66ken

I installed the Steadyfast on my 327RES and also on my neighbors Sandpiper that had the front mounted spare. On the Sandpiper I had to move the tire winch to the rear to get clearance. There are just two bolts holding the winch, I also reinforced the floor where the winch attached. It was a easy job.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #24
rrohrer

Thanks to reading these forums I have found tweety's. wow. cheap and on my doorstop within 24 hrs. were my new jt strongarms. hope to get them on saturday!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
Dutch & Di

Plug It Right sells stabilizers for either just the front or front and rear. Hugs, Di
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #26
Courtland
Site Team | Emeritus

I recently install the Steadfast system on my 5th wheel. I have looked at both (JT and Steady) in person and they appear to do an equal job of steadying the RV, they don't remove all the shake but they get rid of most of it and at least the wife no longer wakes up when the kids move around in the back.

I would like to tell you about my experience with Steadyfast. I installed this system with my wife's help, wasn't difficult as long as you follow the directions. Took me about 4 hours to complete, but after it was all setup I tested out the system. I couldn't get within the measurements the directions stated without the bars falling out. I emailed Steadyfast about my concerns that night, the next morning I had a response back saying the owner would call me shortly. About an hour later the owner Paul Hanscom called me and asked me to explain my situation further, after talking about what is occurring he asked me where my 5th wheel legs are and quickly deduced that I had ordered the wrong kit. I ordered the kit where the legs are on the inside of the frame rails and not on the outside. I also let him know that my rear jacks had the same setup as the front and I needed two additional U bolts. He told me he would send out two new longer bars, two new bolts for the rear and that he would have his team overnight the parts to me and apologized that the website was not clearer on what to order.

He did this for me at NO COST! It was my screw up on the order and he made it right for me. He said "I just want to make sure you are happy with my product and that everything is correct", was I happy, heck yes! You don't see customer support like this anymore in the states, this reason alone would would be why I could recommend the Steadyfast system, but it also is in the same price range and it does the same job as the others. Why not go with the company that cares about its customers and wants to make sure that you are satisfied. I cant express how impressed I was with the Steadyfast brand and its owner Paul Hanscom. The Steadyfast system has my vote.
My buddies 08 Keystone Fuzion 362 when its just the guys.
https://www.keystonerv.org
https://www.desertriders.org/forums
Courtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #27
byrdr1

I agree with court land on this one. See my install of steadyfast on my webshots page.

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
game warden

WOW makes my mind up for me now as to which system to buy.
game warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
SteveC7010

I called SteadyFast before buying because I had gift card from Amazon and wanted to make sure that I could split the charges between that and my regular credit card. They had a package deal with free shipping at the time and I wanted to add two extra feet without incurring added shipping charges. The lady who answered the phone was able to make sure that my order went through without the extra shipping charge. She didn't have to get permission to do that and made it very easy to do business with them.

When the SteadyFast arrived, I was surprised to find the owner's cell number in the literature. The install instructions said I could call him if I ran into any difficulties.

Now that's taking care of your customers.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #30
Clanton24v

I also thought it was really cool to see that the owner is willing to go that far to make sure the customer is happy
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote