Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Roger9841

Alpine 3401rs dinette slide flooring

I have received some feedback already from ChuckS. But I have a few more questions or challenges.

The pictures are showing both ends of the slide. I sit in the dinning chair at the front. There is a load point onto the flooring. One the other end is my recliner where I set alot. The worse case flooring issue. You can see approximately a half inch gap from the sealant bead. I can see daylight at the edge of the rug.

How is the flooring decking secured to the sidewalls? Screws mounted parallel to the ground into the edge of the flooring panel? Or vertical from bottom to wall frame? On the backside where the recliner sets. It looks like one mounting screw toward the outside edge and one in the middle. That is all I can see without taking the strip off outside.

What size screws are used?
What is the best sealant outside?

I have seen thin aluminum angle used as trim piece.
I saw the RV Ski Slides on the forum. They seem to provide drip guide and slide out ease.
Has anyone used the Slide Ski's?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_202337.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	35450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_202505.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	35451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_202551.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	35452   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210826_202623.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	35453  
Roger9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
Roger9841

Updated status

After reviewing as many different videos on this subject, I followed the general direction.

I used my truck bottle jack and some 2x4 pieces. One was for the vertical support and the other was for supporting the flooring. With a little pressure from the jack, the flooring moved back to very close it's original position. I predrilled the screw holes and screwed several screws along the edge of flooring.

I did order the RV slide ski. The black fabric was showing wear on both slides. The RV slide ski will provide easier slide operations and provide a drip edge.

I will update once I get the RV slide ski.
Roger9841 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, dinette, floor, slide