Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2021, 08:03 PM   #1
Family of 6

Standing water between Toilet and Black Tank

We have a 2190Ex. There looks to be a ledge or something between the toilet and black tank. We get about an inch or two of standing water in that spot and I can’t seem to get it out. I tried raising the side of the camper to flush it out and I tried rocking the camper. It gets pretty smelly. Any ideas?
Family of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

When you say ledge, can you see it without removing the toilet? Is the water coming from the toilet when you flush?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
Family of 6

When I look down the toilet with the valve open, I can see standing water. If I take my snake, I can feel the pipe to the blank tank at the edge of this ledge . However, if you go straight down, there seems to be a flat spot that collects dirty water and TP. I am just curious if this is a manufacturing defect or if this is normal. Seems to me like that flat spot shouldn’t be there.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

So the water is pooling IN the black tank? If so it sounds like your tank isn’t flat across the bottom. There are tanks that have a “shelf” where the toilet dumps and it’s normal for that style of tank. Use LOTS of water to rinse it off, and as long as it’s inside the tank, your going to smell it unless you use some type of treatment.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #5
Family of 6

Thanks! I am actually going to be replacing the toilet since it is a Dometic 300 series. There is some kind of warranty issue where black water gets stuck in the toilet cavity. When I do, I am going to see if there is anything that can be done to slope that area a bit towards the pipe to the black tank instead of pooling.

Tags
black tank, tank, toilet, water