Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2021, 02:57 AM   #41
flybouy
Site Team

All of the above. I'll just add that buying that first camper is like buying a weddenig ring. Typically the people are all giddy happy with the idea, want to get it "right away" to use it and show everyone and the bigger the better. While being "mesmerized " by the "shiny thing" the facts like interest rates, number of payments, etc. become backround noise.

So if you know a way to reach out to those folks please share it. Now I haven't tried this, but I can imagine the response if I asked the RV dealer near me to direct buyers to this website before you let them sign that contract.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:26 AM   #42
Aric G

Hello,

Your comment is almost exactly the same as the troubles my wife and I had with our 2021 Cougar 26rks. All the people say you didn't do a proper walk through to find these problems before you took possession of your camper. I don't know about you but I had a good one. I still had tons of issues with the camper. You cant do every single process when inspecting your new camper at CW.
Needless to say your not going to get very far with either CW or Keystone. They will fix any warranty issues but thats about it. They will not apologize for your frustrations or give you any kind of compensation either. Its like they dont give a crap about the products they turn out or the quality of their "pre sale inspections". Sounds like your issues will be covered on warranty. We are still dealing with crappy workmanship with our Cougar since we purchased in February. It will take time to clean up but it will be done. We didn't go to CW for our warranty work. I don't trust them plus it will take years to get your camper serviced. I called around and found a private place an hour away from home that will do the work.

Good luck to you!
Aric G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #43
Javi

Back in '81 thru '83 I worked part time for an RV dealership, it was either my 2nd or 3rd job don't remember as that was a rough time financially for us... both the DW and I worked as much as we could to catchup..

Anyway... my point is folks was fussing back then about how shoddy the RV's were built just like they are now. It didn't seem to matter whether it was a Coleman popup or a Bluebird Motorhome.. they fussed..

I got no stake in this mess, but I will tell you that I expect to have to work on my trailer, and the more I use it the more I expect to have to do to it.. You really want to have to work on it.. let it sit unused for 6 months...

They're cheaply made, light weight, trailer houses... that's right... these are trailer houses... not really any different than those in the TRAILER PARK across the track from the GOOD part of town...

Remember that you're towing yours down every bumpy road in the nation at 65 mph...

What the heck... do you expect
Old 05-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #44
Life-in-Him

We've had a lot of parking lot folks asking: how we like our cougar?

That's the time we try to tell them about PDI's.

We should make a handout with what & where info so it's more than just some words.

Might save one disaster at least
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar