Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
mekirk2

2019 29bhs

Hello all! I’m purchasing a 2019 Cougar 29BHS tomorrow - coming from a 2005 fleetwood terry Dakota with a similar layout and slide (4 foot shorter length, 1.5 foot shorter height and about 1500 lbs lighter) pulling with a Nissan Titan. Yea, it’s a 1/2 ton but it’s max tow rating is right at the max weight rating of the camper so I expect to be good for now (it pulled my 2005 terry like it wasn’t even back there ).

I’ve got a few questions about the cougar.

Did they come with a remote for the incommand unit?

Is there an app for the leveling system?

It has 2 grey tanks - do they operated completely independently or is there a crossover? What feeds each tank?

Is the stereo connected to the tv? If so, can I connect Bluetooth headsets to it (to watch tv when the wife is sleeping)? Was there a remote with the stereo and tv?

Has anyone come up with a way to soften the kids beds?

Anyone have any tips / tricks / must do upgrades?

Looking forward to the upgrade and the ease of setup (miss the auto leveling of a motor home).

Thanks in advance!
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer! Lots of good folks with tons of experience.

That is an 8800lb. trailer and you are towing with a Nissan so that will right away cause some concern on towing ability. You might post the information on the truck (year/model/trim etc.). You have indicated you know you are at your max. That's not a good thing and depending on which "max" you reference, it could be bad thing. Nissan has never been known for making robust towing vehicles and 8800 is a lot for the best of the 1/2 tons. Not trying to ruin your day but more keep you out of harms way.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
mekirk2

2008 Big Tow LE Crew - 8900 lbs max tow rating. Just have to watch the tongue weight.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
Sarge2

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new rig...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
Mike&Sandy

I saw your post on Facebook and responded to most of your questions there.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 3.42
San Antonio, TX
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
2008 Big Tow LE Crew - 8900 lbs max tow rating. Just have to watch the tongue weight.

The max tow weight doesn't really matter. What do the numbers on the sticker inside the drivers door say - payload, gawrs etc. 8800lb. gvw brings a tongue weight of 1144 or so at 13%. Add 120lbs for a wdh and you are at 1264lbs. without people or anything else. You really should check those stickers just to be safe.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:07 AM   #7
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer! Lots of good folks with tons of experience.

That is an 8800lb. trailer and you are towing with a Nissan so that will right away cause some concern on towing ability. You might post the information on the truck (year/model/trim etc.). You have indicated you know you are at your max. That's not a good thing and depending on which "max" you reference, it could be bad thing. Nissan has never been known for making robust towing vehicles and 8800 is a lot for the best of the 1/2 tons. Not trying to ruin your day but more keep you out of harms way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
My son tried towing with his Nissan - after replacing the weak 3rd member twice, he decided he had enough.

I agree with Danny - max tow is meaningless number. Payload (yellow & white "Do NOT Exceed" sticker) ratings, GVWR, and axle max numbers will tell the story.

For your questions:
> iN.Command has phone app
> If leveling system is Level-Up, no app. Not sure about other systems.
> Grey tanks likely independent; can cross connect with external dump valve installation.
> Must do'es: Good 4 pt WDH, EMS, and TPMS

Best of luck...
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote