Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #21
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartin108 View Post
In our travels, mostly west and north from our Indiana base we found the vast majority of Pilot locations did not honor the GS discount.
I'm surprised to hear this. We mostly work the southland I10-I20 corridors, and the card acceptance is baked into their pump machines. (At first, we experienced a bit of confusion due to their unusual order of credit card FIRST, discount card SECOND, but once we understood that, we never had a problem.) It might be worth just trying the magic right at the pump and ignoring the clerks, and see if it works.

I've heard the TSD card is great too, but since we're not diesel, it's useless to us.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #22
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Just wondering if paying for a club membership is really worth it. We have never joined any of those clubs like Good Sam, Passport, Escapees or any of the others? We are not full-times, but we are going more and more now that my wife has retired and saw a few of these advertised. If anyone could or would like to share their opinions, observations, likes and dislikes we would appreciate it. Thanks
I have the KOA and GS. These are the primary places we use. One tip on KOA is to keep at least 20k points to qualify for VIP status. This eliminates the $10 cancellation fee if you need to cancel less than 24 hours. There are other perks, free nights, and discounts. I never let my account at KOA go below the 20,000 points so I keep all my VIP benefits. You are supposed to get the prime sites at KOA if you are a VIP. Don’t know for sure if that actually happens but I have had very few negative experiences at KOA. Good Sam has the diesel $.08 gallon discount at Flying J and Pilot. Also 5% off purchases and other rebates. Also get $10 off labor for work done in their shop. I have more than paid for the sign up fees. I have no experience with Passport so can’t opine on them.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #23
Hblick48

Just renewed Passport America and Good Sam renews next month. Also have a zone pass with Thousand Trails. Only need to use Passport America for a few nights, and it pays for itself. We definitely get our monies worth out of Thousand Trails. By the end if the year, we will have spent 39 nights at various parks in our zone, averages out to be $22 per night.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #24
gearhead

I'm using a GS card at Flying J/Pilot. It's a debit card. I use the card and enter my code. No problems. Get a statement every month.
I'm not sure what discount I'm getting though. Had it too long I guess.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #25
Richeyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86cj7 View Post
Richeyb question with your TSD card I know you can't use the normal pumps but if they have a RV pump set up in the Big Rig area can you use it? or is it only good in the Big Rig areas?

Thanks Rod
Truth I haven’t used it for a year due to the virus but I think it works like a credit card and is not restricted to the Big Rig area. A Loves pump is a Loves pump. You get much more volume in the big boy lane.