Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
UGA Law Dawg

New Furrion DV 7200 - No Sound

I have a 2020 Keystone Bullet Crossfire 1700BH, just bought it new in March 2020. On the last trip, the entertainment system stopped putting out any sound. The speakers make a little bit of a hissing sound and some quiet clicking when switching between sources, but no sound actually comes out of the speakers. Tried it on radio setting (AM/FM) at my home in a major metro area where I've previously had plenty of reception, but also tried connecting my phone via Bluetooth and playing music. Still nothing. Which makes me think it is not simply that the antenna somehow came disconnected (I unscrewed the panel to look at the connections behind the unit, and the coax from the antenna was still screwed in tightly, by the way).

Any ideas? If there's not a quick fix, I will go for a warranty replacement since it is not even a year old.
UGA Law Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Sounds to me like the amplifier section retired. A hissing sound from the speakers is typically indicative of a blown amp. Have the dealer get a replacement under warranty.Also have them check the speaker wires for a short as that can wipe out the amp quickly.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
jsb5717

Sadly, the Furrion sound systems are pretty poor quality. I'm on my 3rd unit, all warranty replacements, and it still doesn't track sound correctly with a DVD. I installed a different unit and sound bar so problem solved. If the Furrion has failed it wouldn't be surprising.

Edit...sorry, forgot my manners. Welcome to the forum.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

Furrion? Well, even if it worked the speakers are so terrible you wouldn't know that it did....it would still sound like a "hiss". I've replaced the Furrion speakers and TV and will get the receiver next when I find one that fits that particular cutout. Until you do the same have you tried anything that is directly connected to it or the CD/DVD? That might give you a little more insight. I would be amazed if that receiver could pick up anything ota.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
UGA Law Dawg

Jeff, what unit did you install as a replacement?
Old 10-08-2020, 12:52 PM   #6
UGA Law Dawg

Danny, what speakers did you replace the Furrion ones with? Did you replace both inside and outside speakers?
Old 10-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

I did not replace the outside speakers because we never use them. I just pulled up your trailer and it appears your speakers are mounted in the ceiling - mine are built in the wall of the entertainment center so I'm sure they are different. I used JBL speakers from Crutchfield on this one. I replaced the ceiling speakers in my last trailer with 6 1/4" Kenwood speakers. I don't remember if they were from Crutchfield or maybe Amazon. Check those outside speakers before trying to use the same speakers outside - they are usually shorter (thin wall) and need to be weatherproof. Some of the major speaker companies make some good marine speakers.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA Law Dawg View Post
Danny, what speakers did you replace the Furrion ones with? Did you replace both inside and outside speakers?

The Furrion is still in the hole. I still use it for connecting blue tooth for the outdoor speakers. I bought a small Samsung BluRay player and small sound bar with bass bin. I raised the TV mount in the opening so the TV just clears the top and both fit on the shelf under the TV. So far it works great.

I would definitely go the warranty route to see if you can get a functioning unit
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #9
ChuckS

Wonder if you have already tried the reset button ?

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote