Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Spread of Covid

Here's a link from something I just saw. It might help ease the anxiety of some related to the spread of the virus....

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-n...nated-surfaces
Old 07-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Wireman134

Fox News has been proven to spread Trump propaganda also WHO has clarified this to be not correct.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I have an opinion but I am very likely the only one that cares and don't think this forum is quite the place for political opinions so maybe this will end without cyber bloodshed.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 07-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I have an opinion but I am very likely the only one that cares and don't think this forum is quite the place for political opinions so maybe this will end without cyber bloodshed.
I agree!! I’ll be watching this thread.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I agree!! I’ll be watching this thread.

Danny had made the post originally on June 20th. Why now?
Old 07-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

I just now saw it. I’ve seen posts “sit idle” for any number of days and then suddenly take off. I hope this thread stays on track and doesn’t become another “it’s the Democrats/republicans fault”.

Covid-19 didn’t care who was in the White House, or any other countries government center. Fact is we are STILL learning more and trying to beat this without losing any more lives. I think Danny posted with good intentions, let’s keep it that way.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

As time goes on, hopefully some intelligent studies on this latest bug will make more sense of things and we can be better armed with precautions. My latest theory is that if everyone camped at clothing optional parks, that would eliminate the spread because most RVers seeing fellow campers ala natural would hide in their trailers till the end of their camping adventure. Heck, I might call the CDC or the FBI or someone and share this insight! Surprised the govt hasn't already picked up on this!
Old 07-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Good one!! And with Calif’s new mandatory mask rule, you wouldn’t be able to tell if someone was smiling or gasping

Old 07-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #9
roadglide

I heard the Chinese made the virus and sent over hundreds of thousands of Chinese to infiltrate the world and America. I know the campgrounds in Colorado are full . excellent place to camp and see the country motorcycle riding has been about perfect Other than catching hail in Silverton. Over the Fourth of July the traffic Has been cut in half , People are in big groups playing volleyball and eating hotdogs and barbecuing and not running up and down the roads. A lot of motorcycles on the roads.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman134 View Post
Fox News has been proven to spread Trump propaganda also WHO has clarified this to be not correct.

As noted, I posted this some 6 weeks ago. Seemed folks were getting very worried about the spread of covid. This article addressed the spread of the disease from surfaces. It reiterated statements made in other articles I had read about the spread of the disease on surfaces and why you should not fear contamination from picking up canned goods etc. It was timely and addressed the issue.

As far as Fox news vs whatever or WHO..... Every news outlet is biased in some direction anymore....some more than others - I read most of them. You have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff and throw out about 90% of it. These comments were made by the CDC - not Trump propaganda. The same CDC analysis I had read elsewhere.

Your comments show a very shallow understanding of what is going on. If you trust WHO and the UN more than the CDC well..........

And yes, I will keep an eye on this thread as well. It was not meant, nor does it need, to turn into some politically twisted narrative. We have lots of folks from all walks of life who worry about this stuff. It was posted to be beneficial for those that might be very worried about the situations they encounter. Since I am a senior I have used the seniors only hours at various grocery stores and I see elderly folks that just don't know and are worried and concerned.

Just pulled up the CDC and FDA reports on the above and they both agree with what the report says so we'll keep it at that....and the politics/biases out.

Edit: This was timely; Just read this and it's from the NYT no less which seems to confirm the article I posted.....

"Proper ventilation and N95 masks are of concern only in those circumstances, according to the W.H.O. Instead, its infection control guidance, before and during this pandemic, has heavily promoted the importance of handwashing as a primary prevention strategy, even though there is limited evidence for transmission of the virus from surfaces. (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now says surfaces are likely to play only a minor role.)"
Old 07-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #11
GilaElkHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Danny had made the post originally on June 20th. Why now?
I believe 5-20 is May 20th.
2019 High Country 310RE
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Sailun S637 tires
Old 07-12-2020, 04:35 AM   #12
MellowSoul

Even before the pandemic began, I wrote somewhere, that we are going to move, and we moved to Florida because of the climate, but the people here are completely different. Absolutely do not observe safety measures, go without masks, as if they do not care. The feeling that the eternal heat and beaches made for generations made them more relaxed. It may be necessary to relate to life, but I do not think that this is true in the current conditions. I am wondering if in other states people are also nonchalant?
Old 07-12-2020, 06:54 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

I'm thinking there is a difference in the folks. Not so much Florida, but where in FL. Just like the other places we've been to.

If you live stacked and packed in a city with a human right beside you 24 hours a day you need to acclimate to a mask. If you live in a rural area not really. The mindsets are truly different. My son lives in the city and wouldn't have it any other way - he loves the amenities but laments for the rural, country life he grew up in. He also knows having all those stores, restaurants and services at your fingertips comes at a price.....several really.

Where do you reference in FL? I know here in this little fishing village the vast majority of folks don't wear masks and don't need to in reality. Just an hour N to the city (Tallahassee) and it's another world. If they get out of their car they strap on a mask it seems.

I don't think it's a matter of "they don't care" as much as it is "I've got bigger things to worry about" - and I have to agree, some measure of being "laid back" - which we enjoy.

Just came to mind; as an example of a rural mindset I read in our local TX paper yesterday that our county had met the threshold of 20 cases which met the governors new guidelines for wearing a mask. In the same paper was a statement from both the county sheriff and police chief advising that they would not enforce the mask guidelines because there were more important things they needed to be doing. The did ask that everyone social distance and take any necessary precautions. That is a rural mindset vs some reactions I've seen from law enforcement in some cities.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Here in Maryland every store, fuel station, etc. has a sign on the door to the effect of "must wear mask to enter". DW and I had our annual eye exam last Thursday. We see as real ophthalmologist that's F.A.C.S (a surgeon). There was ab girl at the door to take temp and ask the questions. Everyone I see walking in our neighborhood I'd estimate maybe 25% walking with a mask on. Going into stores etc 100% if they are going in. Fueling up at a pump island no one wearing a mask.

Here's how I view it. Go back to Jan/Feb and recall or look up what all the "experts" were saying. I don't care if it was CDC, WHO, or what media or what "side" the facts are the narrative has constantly changed:

Masks are not need, masks are a must.
Not humanly transmissible, yes human transmissible. Not transmitted via surface contact, highly contagious from surface contacts.
And on and on and on it goes.
The only constant is that washing your hands thoroughly and often. Well no kidding Sherlock.

The media is too eager to get the "scoop" and they end up with a scoop from the litter box. The "experts" are drunk with the attention and power the media has given them and the politicians are just full of that "cat litter scoop" as usual. No change there.

Just my opinion. Not taking sides just relating what I have seen, heard, and experienced. In my thinking, common sense would call for a a little tolerance in wearing a mask and adding caution to how you live. As someone who has traveled and stayed in hotels extensively over the years I have always added a little bit of extra caution. Even more so after working in the restaurant industry and reading about and attending seminars and classes in contamination, cross contaminations, surface contamination vulnerability of surfaces, etc.

So do what ever "blows your skirt up" but don't get "your panties in wad" if you can't go into the store without a mask. Times change. I remember when people smoked on airplanes, in movie theaters, in restaurants, etc. I agree that it can end up as a slippery slope and can be taken too far but I also don't care to go back to the days of smelling cigarette smoke while eating dinner or seeing a barefoot shirtless guy in the grocery store.

Historically the pendulum swings from one direction to the other but to me it seems like that pendulum has accelerated in this century. I opologize for length of this and I'll step down from my soap box now.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #15
gearhead

I've never lived in Florida, or anywhere besides Texas, except for military. Maybe it's just Texas BS that we are known for, but I think Texans have an extra chromosome for rebelliousness. (is that a word?) Ain't no power drunk politician going to tell me what to wear where. I live in a small town, pop: 8300. I see about 90% compliance with the mask order. But if I get a little farther out in the country, not so much.
I think it's just a Texas state mind. I did have ONE college psychology course. Doesn't that make me an expert?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
Old 07-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I've never lived in Florida, or anywhere besides Texas, except for military. Maybe it's just Texas BS that we are known for, but I think Texans have an extra chromosome for rebelliousness. (is that a word?) Ain't no power drunk politician going to tell me what to wear where. I live in a small town, pop: 8300. I see about 90% compliance with the mask order. But if I get a little farther out in the country, not so much.
I think it's just a Texas state mind. I did have ONE college psychology course. Doesn't that make me an expert?
Yup expert status! I had a psycho-babble course in college to but that was sooo many years ago.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #17
travelin texans

In Arizona mask are required to enter any public building, signs posted everywhere, then you enter & find 50% of the patrons/employees aren't wearing mask. You must where a mask to enter restaurants, but once seated it can be removed, that makes since, guess you can't blow germs out of your full mouth.
At the rv resort we live in mask are only required in the park facilities or gatherings of 10 or more & social distancing is requested. Monday night bingo mask are required to enter, but can be removed once seated, but if up meandering/visiting it must be on.
Now I'm reading the experts expect us to be wearing mask for the next couple years!!! I honestly can't see the American people doing this for a couple years unless they form a group to enforce it, which I can't see us letting that happen.
IMHO most of this will suddenly end the 1st Tuesday in November, nuff said.
Replacement undetermined
Old 07-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #18
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
In Arizona mask are required to enter any public building, signs posted everywhere, then you enter & find 50% of the patrons/employees aren't wearing mask. You must where a mask to enter restaurants, but once seated it can be removed, that makes since, guess you can't blow germs out of your full mouth.
At the rv resort we live in mask are only required in the park facilities or gatherings of 10 or more & social distancing is requested. Monday night bingo mask are required to enter, but can be removed once seated, but if up meandering/visiting it must be on.
IMHO most of this will suddenly end the 1st Tuesday in November, nuff said.

I suspect a truer statement was never said. Strangely I heard the exact same comment/observation as I overheard a group of folks discussing all this the other day while shopping at Walmart.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #19
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I suspect a truer statement was never said. Strangely I heard the exact same comment/observation as I overheard a group of folks discussing all this the other day while shopping at Walmart.
X2
Well said
Old 07-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Yup expert status! I had a psycho-babble course in college to but that was sooo many years ago.
1968 for me. I think.
Closed Thread