Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
Atraintexas

Wet floor in bunk room of 31RDS

I purchased a 2013 31RDS bunk house last year for the ranch. Recently the floor leading into the bunk room section has been getting wet carpet and floor leading into the room. The only plumbing remotely close is the toilet in the head. I do not see any visible leaks and gravity would tend to drip any leak down. Has anyone experienced this problem or know where I can find a plumbing schematic?
Atraintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraintexas View Post
I purchased a 2013 31RDS bunk house last year for the ranch. Recently the floor leading into the bunk room section has been getting wet carpet and floor leading into the room. The only plumbing remotely close is the toilet in the head. I do not see any visible leaks and gravity would tend to drip any leak down. Has anyone experienced this problem or know where I can find a plumbing schematic?
There are no plumbing schematics, the plumbing is done "on the fly" at the factory. If you have a pinhole leak the water can spray up under pressure. Easiest test I know is to pressurize the system with the fresh water pump. Bleed all the air from all the fixtures. Then with all fixtures turned off the pump should remain off. If the pump cycles on then off that's indicating a possible leak.

Another possibility is a leaking holding tank. I've read where an object left on top of a gray water tank during manufacture wore a hole in the top of a tank and the "sloshing" during transit caused it to leak.

With that being said, I"m assuming the floor is wet when it's not raining correct?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Atraintexas

Wet floor in bunk room of 31RDS

Thanks for the response. No, rain is not an attributing factor. I considered the possibility of an upward spray but I do not see any water dripping down. My next consideration is a seep from the toilet as it is neat proximity. I am not sure how the toilet is plumbed but that is my remaining idea. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with toilet leaks. When I leave the ranch I turn the water off and the floor is dry when I return.
Atraintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraintexas View Post
Thanks for the response. No, rain is not an attributing factor. I considered the possibility of an upward spray but I do not see any water dripping down. My next consideration is a seep from the toilet as it is neat proximity. I am not sure how the toilet is plumbed but that is my remaining idea. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with toilet leaks. When I leave the ranch I turn the water off and the floor is dry when I return.
Place some paper towels on the floor around the toilet, that will tell you if there's a leak above the floor. If it's coming from below the only way I know is to open the coroplast a little and peak in.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor