Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #1
battlebeetle

Need help adjusting Accu-slide cable slide outs

Hi All,

I have a 2016 Montana High Country with Accu-slide cable slide outs. Two of the slides need horizontal adjustments. The slides are no longer sitting evenly in the frame and one side of the slide is rubbing hard against the side roller as I run the slides in and out, and the screw heads on the side of the slide are digging up the roller as it rubs over it. I have never adjusted these type of slides before. I looked up videos and the manual but I am pretty confused. There are red, blue, purple, and green adjusting "units" that the cables attach to with 2 nuts on each one. If I want the whole slide to go to one side, which nuts do I tighten/loosen? I understand conceptually that these slides are free-floating and rely on the cable tension to keep them centered in the frame but i'm confused on how exactly to adjust them.

Thanks in advance,

Clay
battlebeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:33 AM   #2
slow

Need help adjusting Accu-slide cable slide outs

It may not be a cable adjustment issue. Rather, you may not be level front to back, causing the slide to drift due to gravity. That has been my experience.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
roadglide

With the slide in is there equal pressure on the out side closed with out one side coming in first? Your lucky to have the color tags to help . The screw is confusing can you post a picture?
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #4
Sulphur1

There are a lot of similar threads about this system. I have had over 1000 Views of my thread "Help with cable slide adjustment" yet no real answer to the problem, including Norco / Accuslide advice and techs on this forum. It may keep the weight down but at a cost to long term reliability.
It appears that this system is not always correctly installed (rollers on sides & used instead of wear bar?), not properly adjusted from the factory and not suitable for for large heavy slides. Also must tow and open/close slide in a level position which applies to all systems.
Good luck
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:35 AM   #5
CampNBrew2

I don't see how any adjustment to the cables will pull the slide fore or aft. The cables will pull straight off of the pulleys to the cable end plates mounted to the slide and trailer frame. The only adjustment is if the slide is not quite parallel to the side wall you could adjust one side in or out. Unfortunately, you'll need to move the plates or the pulleys to realign the slide. While you're at it reinforce the pulley plate mounting. (Have a look at slows pictures. He did a great job with his.)

I completely agree that while a novel idea and weight saving, installation is critical, and we all know how these RVs are built.

My slide was making noise this weekend. I found all the cables and chains loose. Further investigation revealed that there are NO jam nuts installed and I could tighten everything by hand. Something else the factory forgot...
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
My slide was making noise this weekend. I found all the cables and chains loose. Further investigation revealed that there are NO jam nuts installed and I could tighten everything by hand. Something else the factory forgot...
Things may have changed recently, I haven't seen the cable installation on a "current model (2019) slide", but there are no jam nuts on the cable slides I've seen. All that's installed (from the factory) is a white foam block behind the adjusting nut. Most of them either fall off, back off or wallow out and won't hold the adjusting nuts in position. I put Nyloc nuts on mine as jam nuts to replace the foam blocks. Problem solved.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
CampNBrew2

Mine is a 2013 model. so not sure what should be there originally. My thoughts as well went to Nyloc nuts for securing them.

I viewed the patent drawings which really helped me get my head around how this system works. It shows the cable routing a bit better than I've seen elsewhere. I also downloaded the manuals from BAL. I'll try to post them here.

Edit: I uploaded the patent doc. The Norco files are too big but here are the links:
http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ac...ice-manual.pdf
http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ac...ion-manual.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cable Slide Patent US7073844.pdf (1.87 MB, 258 views)
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
xrated

Not having locking nuts on the adjusters are the biggest problem with that system....I've been through it too. Even if the slide(s) are perfectly adjusted when you buy the trailer, they will get out of adjustment with usage. The key is to get it back into adjustment and add locking nuts. I added another nut on each adjuster ( 1/4 - 20 size nut) and then jammed it down against the adjusting nut. To me, this was a better solution than using nyloc nuts for when the time comes to re-adjust them after the cable stretches with use.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide, slide out