Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
rook

Replacement TV

I took delivery of a new 34TSB, and when I did my PDI, I noted to the dealer that the TV Screen had a significant scratch. They stated that it would be a warranty item, and they would get a "budget" from Keystone for a replacement TV, instead of a new Bolva(sp?). However, when I looked at the mount, it doesn't seem to be a traditional VESA mount -- what have people done in the past for replacement TVs? Thanks!
rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook View Post
I took delivery of a new 34TSB, and when I did my PDI, I noted to the dealer that the TV Screen had a significant scratch. They stated that it would be a warranty item, and they would get a "budget" from Keystone for a replacement TV, instead of a new Bolva(sp?). However, when I looked at the mount, it doesn't seem to be a traditional VESA mount -- what have people done in the past for replacement TVs? Thanks!

Tell them to give you the $$ they would have spent on a low quality flat screen and go to a Costco or Sams and get the same size but much better quality name brand with their warranty for the same price
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Warranty replacement from the factory should be the EXACT SAME ITEM. If the dealer is telling you anything different they are not being honest.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:32 AM   #4
{tpc}

In our bedroom I used a Mor-Ryde mount, one that you can pull down on the TV and then lift it up and out. We didn't need an articulating arm in there.

However, I mounted it a little bit too high in the opening and our TV fills most of the opening. This made it so I can't lift the TV up and out like I wanted. So be careful how you mount it if you choose a different mount!

Also I found that the "wall" in that area is kind of false in the middle, which I guess is why the mount for the TV on the other side is on the left...because there was a stud there to attach it to. So be careful of that as well, lol.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:23 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

There are several VESA sizes. The current TV should confirm to one of them. Often the mount may look different until you actually remove it. As Chuck stated, the dealer should be getting an exact replacement not a "budget" from Keystone. When we bought our unit I replaced the inferior TV with a larger Samsung from Costco ( Costco gave an extra year warranty at nc) and we gave the the TV that came with the unit away to a family that didn't have the funds after a fire destroyed their home.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:06 AM   #6
SteveW2993

I'm going through this situation now. During the PDI in April on our new 2018 Passport GT 2670BH, we noted there was a scratch across the screen of the Furrion 32" in our camper.

Salesperson said no problem, we'll swap out the TV with another one on the lot.

A few weeks later I noted that when you looked at the screen in the right light, the scratch was still there. Someone tried to just buff it out. The scratch became a moot point as the TV would now randomly, day or night, turn itself off or on, and sometimes would crank the volume to max all on its own.

When we raised that (plus a number of other issues) with the dealer, and they went to Keystone, keystone offered us up to $260 CAN to replace it. When I asked the dealer how I'm supposed to replace a TV that costs $549 CAN with $260, they just shrugged their shoulders.

I called Keystone Customer service and explained the situation to them. I asked them why they don't just send a replacement TV to the dealer. The answer I got back was that it was due to the fact that they usually end up broken so they don't do it - I guess LG, SAMSUNG, etc can send TV's from Korea/Chine/Japan to North America with no issues, but Keystone can't ship one from the US to Canada... Guess they don't use boxes... anyways...

I've looked at other TVs with similar features - Audio Out, Headphone jack, Component In, etc, but they have questionable VESA mount strength with just thin plastic and four screw insets that I don't think would survive a trip down the road. The Furrion TV's VESA mount is all steel.

When I explained the predicament to to the Keystone Service Rep, she recommended that I write up a note explaining my position, and a list of quotes for a similar Furrion TV, and have the dealer send that to them, which is where I'm at now - 5 months later.

Washed the trailer today and found an entire section on the back wall where the factory missed siliconing the edge. Guess I'll add that to the dealer's list as well....

-S
SteveW2993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #7
rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW2993 View Post
I'm going through this situation now. During the PDI in April on our new 2018 Passport GT 2670BH, we noted there was a scratch across the screen of the Furrion 32" in our camper.

Salesperson said no problem, we'll swap out the TV with another one on the lot.

A few weeks later I noted that when you looked at the screen in the right light, the scratch was still there. Someone tried to just buff it out. The scratch became a moot point as the TV would now randomly, day or night, turn itself off or on, and sometimes would crank the volume to max all on its own.

When we raised that (plus a number of other issues) with the dealer, and they went to Keystone, keystone offered us up to $260 CAN to replace it. When I asked the dealer how I'm supposed to replace a TV that costs $549 CAN with $260, they just shrugged their shoulders.

I called Keystone Customer service and explained the situation to them. I asked them why they don't just send a replacement TV to the dealer. The answer I got back was that it was due to the fact that they usually end up broken so they don't do it - I guess LG, SAMSUNG, etc can send TV's from Korea/Chine/Japan to North America with no issues, but Keystone can't ship one from the US to Canada... Guess they don't use boxes... anyways...

I've looked at other TVs with similar features - Audio Out, Headphone jack, Component In, etc, but they have questionable VESA mount strength with just thin plastic and four screw insets that I don't think would survive a trip down the road. The Furrion TV's VESA mount is all steel.

When I explained the predicament to to the Keystone Service Rep, she recommended that I write up a note explaining my position, and a list of quotes for a similar Furrion TV, and have the dealer send that to them, which is where I'm at now - 5 months later.

Washed the trailer today and found an entire section on the back wall where the factory missed siliconing the edge. Guess I'll add that to the dealer's list as well....

-S
Wow... Geeze.

Alright couple of things:

- The dealership offered to just pay me the budget that Keystone is going to give them.
- I much rather have a better TV than what came with it

Yup, VESA has many many many standards. What I measured is 600x300 -- which isn't very typical... I suppose I could just buy a new TV and Mount...
rook is offline   Reply With Quote