Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
FISHNAG99

Springdale 300FWBH Review

Does anyone own this model and have feedback? I am looking for things you like and dislike. Any issues?
FISHNAG99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
jodisgermanshepherd

We bought this trailer. We really like it. It is much larger than it seemed at the RV show. We took it camping the first weekend we got it.! It worked great. We didn’t use the shower. The bed seemed comfy and we spelt well. The front room off the kitchen was nice. We are taking it out for New Year’s Eve. Do you have any questions??
jodisgermanshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodisgermanshepherd View Post
We bought this trailer. We really like it. It is much larger than it seemed at the RV show. We took it camping the first weekend we got it.! It worked great. We didn’t use the shower. The bed seemed comfy and we spelt well. The front room off the kitchen was nice. We are taking it out for New Year’s Eve. Do you have any questions??
Yes you "spelt" very good throughout the entire post, but curious how you slept.
Sorry! That damn auto correct does it to me all the time, it thinks it knows what I want to spell!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

OP posted this request for info last April. Also, I have never spelt on an original RV mattress that didn't give me a back ache. Interesting!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Farside

Wiregeorge, I too haven't spelt much on my mattress over the last two years and it's showing that concave look to where my wife lays down, and another for me on the other side. Initially I thought it was a good mattress, but RV mattresses are just cheap, and after awhile you will definitely start feeling it. Now I'm in the market for something more comfortable.
Farside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
Bisjoe

We are used to a double pillow-top, really thick mattress at home. With the thin trailer mattress, we didn't want to replace with a heavy one and limit the use of the storage below, so we went with a really good, yet light foam topper, of the egg crate type. It was about $50 and made a big difference. No back aches, still not as comfortable as home, but after all, it's camping. Far better than the old days in a tent on a pad and sleeping bag!

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
jodisgermanshepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
OP posted this request for info last April. Also, I have never spelt on an original RV mattress that didn't give me a back ache. Interesting!
I didn’t think there was a time limit to answering a question. So Incase anyone else maybe looking for answers.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
I didn’t think there was a time limit to answering a question. So Incase anyone else maybe looking for answers.
No, no time limits. I think the thinking on this was that hopefully the OP's original question had been answered. New info is always appreciated and helps others. Thanks for playing along!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

I was going to correct the sleeping errors a few posts back, but fell a spelt before I got to it. Needless to say, like Rip Van Winkle, who spelt for 40 days and 40 nights, Oh, darn, that wasn't Rip, that was Noah..... Oh well, maybe I dreamed it and it wasn't either of those, but maybe Santa who over-spelt and is running late. Anyway, back to napping for a spell before heading downtown to do some last minute Christmas spending.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #10
jodisgermanshepherd

Spelling error

I just want to say. 1 spelling error. All of you who pointed It Out and went on and on. What sad lives you must live. You knew what the word was meant to be. Instead of adding anything worthy or helpful you just continued on and on about the error. Sad, sad people...I never saw One answer about this mode anywhere.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #11
jodisgermanshepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yes you "spelt" very good throughout the entire post, but curious how you slept.
Sorry! That damn auto correct does it to me all the time, it thinks it knows what I want to spell!!!!
You have too much time!!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #12
jodisgermanshepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisjoe View Post
We are used to a double pillow-top, really thick mattress at home. With the thin trailer mattress, we didn't want to replace with a heavy one and limit the use of the storage below, so we went with a really good, yet light foam topper, of the egg crate type. It was about $50 and made a big difference. No back aches, still not as comfortable as home, but after all, it's camping. Far better than the old days in a tent on a pad and sleeping bag!
That is exactly what we did after sleeping the first weekend in it. My husband gave it to me for Christmas.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:24 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I just want to say. 1 spelling error. All of you who pointed It Out and went on and on. What sad lives you must live. You knew what the word was meant to be. Instead of adding anything worthy or helpful you just continued on and on about the error. Sad, sad people...I never saw One answer about this mode anywhere.
Sad lives? Really now, attacking people who notice your mistake (or is it miss steak) means we live sad lives??? Hmmmm I'll have to remember that for the next time I post something incorrectly.... Seems (seams) reasonable to blame the reader for a "miss slept word".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #14
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Actually, I think it's more a symptom of the early onset of acute cabin fever. Many have to look for things to occupy their minds. That and there is no one on this forum that will miss an opportunity to exercise their punniness muscles. Some are punnier than others, however.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale