Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
tundrwd

New generator and a Supco SPP6

Got a new inverter generator last weekend, apparently on closeout at a Kansas City Costco. The Champion 3100/2800 model #10058. Picked it up for $399.97. I'll be breaking it in later today. Does NOT have remote start, but for that price I can "suffer".

Hard to find that exact model number, but I found one Costco ad (this model seems to be unique to Costco?), from April 2017, and it was $749.99.

This one allows the $70 kit to connect two Champion inverter generators to obviously double the wattage.

Also got a Supco SPP6 hard start capacitor, and will look at installing in my Bullet. Probably not today, have winds of 30+mph.

I am curious what others are doing to keep their generators from "walking off" when running them overnite. I've got a couple MasterLock "Python Cables" that I can wrap around the trailer frame and lock up - but wondering what others might be doing.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
Got a new inverter generator last weekend, apparently on closeout at a Kansas City Costco. The Champion 3100/2800 model #10058. Picked it up for $399.97. I'll be breaking it in later today. Does NOT have remote start, but for that price I can "suffer".

Hard to find that exact model number, but I found one Costco ad (this model seems to be unique to Costco?), from April 2017, and it was $749.99.

This one allows the $70 kit to connect two Champion inverter generators to obviously double the wattage.

Also got a Supco SPP6 hard start capacitor, and will look at installing in my Bullet. Probably not today, have winds of 30+mph.

I am curious what others are doing to keep their generators from "walking off" when running them overnite. I've got a couple MasterLock "Python Cables" that I can wrap around the trailer frame and lock up - but wondering what others might be doing.
I have 2 toylock cables mounted on mine that I run through the handle to lock my gen and extra 6gal fuel tank, grill and tables to a set of my steps. No issues to date. If someone wants it bad enough I guess they could cut the cable but if they did, if I was home I'd hear the spring retract on the toylock and it would grab my attention. Otherwise, insur would take care of it.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
bfisher003

I keep our Champion 3400 watt in the back of the truck at all times with a padlocked cable and two ratchet straps. Unless it is being used the tonneau cover is over it and locked. When I leave the site it goes with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post

99.99% of the parks we've been to have a shut off time for running generators, none allow running at night, THANK GOODNESS!
We've been to a few that it was quieter parked next to the interstate than listening to a 100 generators running all day.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
tundrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
99.99% of the parks we've been to have a shut off time for running generators, none allow running at night, THANK GOODNESS!
We've been to a few that it was quieter parked next to the interstate than listening to a 100 generators running all day.
My intent is strictly to use it "boondocking" in either a Walmart parking lot overnite, or somewhere that we are the only ones there. That's just as we go to our destination.

I agree - very annoying to have generators when you want quiet.
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator