Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
orvlin

Unhappy 2014 cougar 327 slideouts don't work

Got a 2014 Cougar 327 the slideouts, awning, landing gear, quit working. If you use the remote they will work. Everything on the control panel works but the above mentioned. Is there some kind of breaker. I have not found one. Any help would be greatly appreaciated
orvlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There are a couple of possibilities. Here's some forum threads that will probably get your equipment working again.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ghlight=remote

I think your problem is likely the relay on the remote control box. If so, then the last link provided is your problem and answer.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your findings.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Mosnowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvlin View Post
Got a 2014 Cougar 327 the slideouts, awning, landing gear, quit working. If you use the remote they will work. Everything on the control panel works but the above mentioned. Is there some kind of breaker. I have not found one. Any help would be greatly appreaciated
You will need to have the control panel replaced. I just picked up my 327RES from Camping World today. With a new control panel. If you are out of warranty expect to pay around $1,000. Keystone is well aware of this problem and does nothing about it. Some have found temporary fixes, none of these worked for me. Luckily I had the Good Sam extended warranty so no cost to me to replace. I truly feel for the folks that are out of warranty with a new camper that have to pay for a problem that should have been recalled and replaced for free. If you do an internet search you will see this problem is very frequent. Good luck!

2018 Ford F350 Diesel Lariat Crew Cab
B & W Companion Hitch
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
dcg9381

Who makes the panel?
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
rmcspeterson

we have had the same problem repeatedly on our 2013 Cougar 331MKS. Because we have been dealing with this from the time we bought our rig new, we are still getting warranty service (free). We called Keystone directly and complained several times. I suppose the fact that it caught fire once got their attention. I believe that the panel and other components are made by Lippert.
rmcspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #6
Campy

If it is the panel, not saying it is because I don't know. I have seen many people fry these things by running more than one slide out at a time by pushing and holding several buttons. That is drawing way too many amps and the board can not handle that. Not saying the OP did that but I have seen many do. It does seem odd that the remote will still work but the inside buttons don't? I think the buttons inside simply control the board directly. I would open the wall panel and look for a loose wire in there, possible one came loose that feeds power to the slide room switches?
Went back and re-read the post, landing gear is a clue as there is no switch for that inside. Bet it's a breaker (by the battery) that has been tripped, they do not reset themselves.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
orvlin

Cougar slideout

Took it to my dealer this morning (Pontiac Rv in IL) was there 45 minutes put in new board and was on my way. Thats great dealer service.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvlin View Post
Took it to my dealer this morning (Pontiac Rv in IL) was there 45 minutes put in new board and was on my way. Thats great dealer service.
That's Good News (and great service) by "put in a new board" do you mean the control panel on the inside wall or the remote control panel located in the front storage compartment? Any further description will help other members should they run into the same problem.

Again, thanks for sharing the great news about Pontiac RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #9
orvlin

Cougar slideout

It was the remote board in the front compartment. Also there is only one fuse in the front compartment,and there are no fuses behind the wall board inside the trailer. Thanks for everyone help..