Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #41
Pmedic4

My TPMS system

Like a lot of people on the forum, I also got a TPMS for our 5ver, as my TV already has one. I purchased the Tire Traker, from Tiretraker.com. It was fairly easy to install, and configure, but best of all, the price is probably the lowest you'll find for a system. It cost $219.00 for a 4 tire system, with free shipping in the US. Additional sensors for other tires can be purchased for $35 each. The batteries in the valve stem caps are listed to last 1 to 2 years, and they are fairly common small batteries you can buy for less than $2 each, so that isn't a pricey replacement. Since it is based on Valve stem caps, so you can personally install this system by yourself, without a trip to the tire dealer. The monitor will display the pressure for up to 22 tires, so this system can grow as you change vehicles or you can even use the same monitor for a different RV, by programming different tire sets.

It seems to be very accurate, and measures both the tire pressure and the tire temperature. Wasn't sure this was going to be accurate, but it will even report the difference in temperature when you drive down the road, with higher temperatures on the sunny side of the RV.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote