Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Pulln

Genesis Technologies GT 3.0 Radio

I found this on Crutchfield today while searching for a stereo to replace the busted up Rockford Fosgate that came with my camper.

Any one here use this or know anyone with one?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_804GT30...25#details-tab

Plenty of power and multiple output zones for your RV
The Genesis Technologies GT-3.0 DVD receiver boasts 200 watts RMS total output, spread out over 10 channels. You can run three different zones in a large RV, with 6 channels powering the five speakers and a passive subwoofer in your main room, and the remaining four channels covering two other stereo zones. You can select a single zone for music listening, or get every zone in on the party. And you can send video to all three zones as well, so everybody can enjoy the same movie, sports, or television program.

Bluetooth and other roadworthy extras
Genesis Technologies has packed a few extra features you'll appreciate into the GT-3.0. You get Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, plus an HDMI output for high-definition video output. The radio tuner includes a Weather Band tuner so you can keep up with the latest advisories. And the clock's sleep timer shuts off the system automatically, saving battery power.

Plays your media
The GT-3.0 plays your video DVDs and your regular CDs, along with CDs and DVDs burned with MP3 files. Two audio/video inputs and an audio input located on the back panel allow you to connect satellite TV, video game consoles, satellite radio, and other entertainment sources. You'll also appreciate the front-panel USB port and SD™ card slot, plus a mini-jack input that's perfect for plugging in an iPod®. The multi-function learning remote can control the receiver, your TV, and other components.

See more info on this item
Highlights:
General features:
DVD/CD player with AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
10 amplifier channels with 200 watts total RMS power output
Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
remote control
Audio/visual features:
plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards (see Hands-on Research for full capabilities)
3-zone output — 5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C
Expandability:
inputs: front-panel USB and SD card inputs, front-panel aux input input, two rear A/V inputs, rear auxiliary RCA input
outputs: 3 composite video outputs, one HDMI video output; 3-zone speaker outputs (5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C); 2-channel preamp outputs
Other information:
mounting dimensions: 6-3/4" W x 9-1/2" H x 5" D
warranty: 1 year
Our 60-day money-back guarantee
2010 Yorkshire Terrier (Wife, she is the Alpha)
Pulln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
booboopercy

Genesis

Pullin, I have a 2013 Outback Terrain that came with a Genesis 2.0 system in it I like it a lot. I can have just bedroom spkrs going or living area on or outside on or any combo I desire. Love the Bluetooth using my phones Pandora app. my 2.0 is only 50 watts power, but plenty for me. Hope this helps.
booboopercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboopercy View Post
Pullin, I have a 2013 Outback Terrain that came with a Genesis 2.0 system in it I like it a lot. I can have just bedroom spkrs going or living area on or outside on or any combo I desire. Love the Bluetooth using my phones Pandora app. my 2.0 is only 50 watts power, but plenty for me. Hope this helps.
I appreciate the feedback. I am giving some strong consideration to buying the 3.0. I love the zones and the fact that it has two channels for subwoofers plus the hdmi output to the TV. Their website has refurb units with 1yr warranty for 499 vs the 699 for retail.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
byrdr1

Pricey???
Thats just me, the cost of that would fund my summer vacation almost..it would fund my 4-5 night stays.
Just for my RV I will go low end on this one.
We rarely use the radio as we are outside most of the time and IF I have to watch a DVD or TV I am not looking for the surround sound effect I get at home. NOT knocking you..
JMHO
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
Pulln

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
Pricey???
Thats just me, the cost of that would fund my summer vacation almost..it would fund my 4-5 night stays.
Just for my RV I will go low end on this one.
We rarely use the radio as we are outside most of the time and IF I have to watch a DVD or TV I am not looking for the surround sound effect I get at home. NOT knocking you..
JMHO
randy

LOL, I hear ya. So far our trips have been absolute rainouts. The head unit in the camper now is jacked up and I am already wired for 2 zones and would like to add a 3rd in the garage. I don't enjoy spending the money but with wife and kids and the kids friends tagging along it buys a lot of peace
Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Steve S

Those are really nice specs, it sure would work nice in a trailer and that price isn't too bad compared to others out there.
I've done the math and my plan is to keep the head and the speakers under $1500.00 for a great system.