Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
dully

bought a 2008 outback

today I just bought a 2008 32ft. 2 slides hidden propane tanks, rear has a couch with a bunk above it with the slide ,the dinning table has a table and chairs , inside is very clean , out side needs a good bath . tires are like new , they claimed it was used about 10 times with less then 1000 mikes on it . decals are pealing a little . I paid 15400. for ,it think I got a deal . so im asking u guys ,what u think ., and thanks , bob from n.e ohio
dully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Outbackmel

Congrats

Not to make you concerned, BUT, please search this forum and get the PDI checklist and go through it. Make sure you do not have any bees nests, etc anywhere where you are going to have flame or sticking your head or hands.

Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide alert. You will hear from lots of experience here that 5 year old tires may look wonderful now but not so good when they blow out at 5pm on a busy 2 lane road or the interstate.

Do a dry run camping experience at the closest place to home as possible. Learn as much as you can regarding routine maintenance and check it all. DO NOT rely on what someone told you at point of sale.

At the VERY LEAST, have those wheel bearings repacked and lugs torqued before heading down the road on any long trip. Get under that thing and check those tires for wear or cracking. They carry a big load.

If you do these things, you will enjoy your new to you RV. Most of us have little things go wrong even when we purchased factory fresh. Think of a trailer as a huge box, put together by using all sorts of wiring and systems, etc, purchased by Keystone and simply installed.

This is a great forum and it has helped me many times. Use the search feature and ASK.

Good luck.....be safe.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
dully

trailer

thank you they are servicing it and I will still pull the wheels ,tires show no rot . ,and I,ve had a 28 ft. and a older 32 foot trailer . we took them to Daytona and o.c Maryland , I haven't camp in 4 years ,so im looking forward to it again and I did save all my stuff
Old 09-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

The roof and tires/wheels, to me are the most important things that need attention on any trailer. As long as you have made sure everything else works. Really check the roof it should have had added sealant or redone by now. Tires are at the end of they life in 5-6 years, with or without mileage. Check the date codes. I have not seen them but, if they are the ones from the factory, new when purchased, if where me I would replace them all due to the age. Wheel bearing need serviced if used or not. Have the batteries load tested, if they have not been replaced, they likely are due.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
dully

ok maybe I wont buy it ,thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
dully

apparently I got the wrong sit
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
therink

I'd say if outside is dirty, it may have lacked a little tlc. Get up on the roof and check every caulk bead for low points, cracks or signs where water may penetrate and plan on having a tube or two of dicor self leveling caulk ready to go. Make sure you thoroughly scrub all caulked areas first.
I second the statement of downloading the pdi form and checking EVERYTHING before heading out.
Hopefully you got a good rig and enjoy it.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and experienced advice here.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
dully

we are going tomorrow with a ladder ,we still have not sign the papers they are waiting on the title ,I guess
Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Ken / Claudia

I wasn't saying don't buy it. If that was what I met I would have said so. Just pointing out what and where to look for likey problems on any used trailer. My first travel trailer was purchased at a dealer, used. I got out of the lot and found no brakes. Returned and they found no brake pads in the drums. Also the themocoupler in refer was not working and propane tank out of date.
That trailer was clean. Hope it works out and you enjoy camping in it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote