Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Terry W.

Shower Door Adjustment

We have a corner shower with 2 flat walls and a flat door. It has started draging on the end and I can't not figure out a way to adjust it except put a washer on something on the hinge pivot pin. Well can't figure out how to remove door either.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
richf28

I have the same problem with mine and found out that it's not a door adjustment but the shower stall panel is pulling away from wall. Take and try to move the hinged side of the shower stall up and down and see if it's moving away from the wall. I tried screwing it back in but can't find a stud to hold it tight. I don't think it's repairable without gutting the shower out and replacing or regluing the shower insert. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
Quad

I wonder if this my problem as well. My bottom door shower seal folds flat when the door shuts and the top has a quarter inch gap. I explained to the dealer it isn't suppose to be like that and the seal should touch flat surfaces together to make a seal. They said no, several other campers they checked are that way. I was going to look when I dropped it off at the end of season for warranty repair work. So I'll have to check other campers then. But I just wonder if that might be why my shower door is ripping the bottom seal.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
rjsurfer

+3

I have the same issue, after giving up on trying to adjust it or shim it I just took a Dremel to the bottom frame to give it some room to close.

If anyone has a better solution please let us know.

I tried to move the side wall to check for looseness but it was tight against the outside wall.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
Mr T

Shower door won't close , bottom corner away from hinge side drags

Did anyone ever find a fix for this problem?
2013 Laredo 255rb.

Shower door won't close , bottom corner away from hinge side drags
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

In some cases the magnetic strip slides down and gives the impression that the edge is hitting but it is just the strip. Push it back up and squeeze the track with pliers so it will not slide back down. This may not be the problem but worth checking. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

I have shimmed many a shower door on brand new $300,000.00 class A's.

If you open the door all the way you will see a square head screw holding the frame together and through the top pivot. I use electrical terminals (loops) cut off.

When you remove the screw be careful to support the door, you don't want it coming apart

While your supporting the frame, lift the pin, insert shim, reinstall screw. It will lift the door frame slightly and hopefully enough to clear. I have used two.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I have shimmed many a shower door on brand new $300,000.00 class A's.

If you open the door all the way you will see a square head screw holding the frame together and through the top pivot. I use electrical terminals (loops) cut off.

When you remove the screw be careful to support the door, you don't want it coming apart

While your supporting the frame, lift the pin, insert shim, reinstall screw. It will lift the door frame slightly and hopefully enough to clear. I have used two.
X 2 It's very easy to adjust and shim, I did mine a few months ago and it's like new
Old 12-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #9
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
In some cases the magnetic strip slides down and gives the impression that the edge is hitting but it is just the strip. Push it back up and squeeze the track with pliers so it will not slide back down. This may not be the problem but worth checking. JM2¢, Hank
I had the same issue, had to glue the magnetic strip to keep it from dropping down.

My shower door doesn't have the adjustment that others have mentioned, if the frame is out of wack your out of luck. I had to also dremel a bit of the bottom corner metal to keep it from hitting.

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
camper 2010

My shower door was doing the same thing. The frame was pulling away from the wall. I took the shower frame apart and could not find any studs in the outside wall to attach the frame to. I took a 2x2" piece of wood primed and painted brown so not to be seen. I then attached it to the closet and used this to attach the frame to. I have not had any more problems in the last two years.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
gearhead

Find a full service type hardware store, Fastenal maybe, and get what is called a circlip. It is basically 3/4 of a washer that will push on a correctly sized pin. You will have to measure, with probably a caliper, to determine the exact diameter of the hinge pin to buy the correct size circlip. Or just guess and buy several sizes.Slip the circlip under the door on the hingepin. It may take several of them.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #12
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Find a full service type hardware store, Fastenal maybe, and get what is called a circlip. It is basically 3/4 of a washer that will push on a correctly sized pin. You will have to measure, with probably a caliper, to determine the exact diameter of the hinge pin to buy the correct size circlip. Or just guess and buy several sizes.Slip the circlip under the door on the hingepin. It may take several of them.
I tried that with my shower door but didn't have much success, at least on my shower door the hinge pin is so small in diameter and the hinge itself was so thin even "homemade" circlips eventually failed. They where just too small to stay in place.

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
Old 01-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
Firestorm

My cougar did this,no way to adjust, took a hammer from the bottom and tapped a bit till it didnt bind,not really any problem, asked the dealer mechanic and he said thats all they would have done,and i qualify as a mechanic Easy to do,dosnt have to move that much, try it
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:50 AM   #14
Terry W.

OK so the problem is the panel that holds the door is pulling away from the exterior wall of the camper. Has anybody removed the door and side panel to reattached the enclosure to the wall? Does the whole enclosure need to be removed to reattach the outside wall mounting track?
Pickens, SC
Old 05-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #15
concours

Our shower door has the same problem it binds at the bottom on the side furthest from the hinge. The problem is not the hinges but the door is no longer square it the corners that It looks as if the frame is too flimsy and the glass seal wont hold it square, I can lift up on the bottom and it will go back to been square but slips back down within a day. I plan one day to remove it and get it fixed once and for all
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #16
Terry W.

Yes that is true but when I lift the door the enclosure top corner at outside wall moves. There is about a quarter inch gap between enclosure and wall atbtop and none at the bottom
Pickens, SC
Old 05-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #17
concours

They are truly a great design lol, my problem is that the door wont open wide enough to get to the hinge fasteners that's because the door opens against the vanity so I have to get time to figure it out but it will happen
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #18
master of none

On three sided showers, when the shower door sags on the opening side and hits the lower frame, I found that the upper shower rail which holds the shower inclosure in place has been bent over time by the opening and closing of the door. Fixes mentioned include adjustment screws on the hinge side of the door or inserting a washer under the bottom hinge side pin. I found that if the top rail is removed and ever so slightly bent in the appropriate direction and reinstalled, the door squares up in the opening and that corrects the issue.
master of none is offline   Reply With Quote