Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #21
281bullet

I have bought 2 rv's from Flagg and they always have taken care of any issues I have had. In my experiences they have gone out of there way to make me happy.
281bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
gmtech1

I have no problem with the service.This is my second camper from flagg ,the first one was a jayco and i never had a problem.My problem is the owner ,when i brought the camper down he was all for the customer he wanted to make us happy,now that keystone is repairing it he wants to insult me with a price to trade it in because of the situation.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #23
x96mnn

My dealer offers a written guarantee that they will give me full value less tax on my trailer in the first 12 months I own it, on any new trailer. I tested them on this with a 2013 328rls that they had on special and they held true. 3k more and tax I can own it but I do not have the TV to do it.

They told me hey have too many people who buy less then what they need/want not to offer it. They get a like new trailer back with any work it might of needed done and offer the full 1yr warranty on in house.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
scuba0331

Have you been able to get this resolved to your satisfaction?
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
fireman1865

Unhappy

I have purchased two 5th wheelers from Flagg. The first sale went well. The second one ( Jan 2013 Uxbridge, MA) not so good!!! I will never take my business there again. The sales woman did nothing after the sale, she was not there for the delivery, and misinformed the money man about my trade. They were very unprofessional, and took me for a fool. They have forgot the first lesson in business class 101. TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER. They lost me forever
fireman1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
gmtech1

Well the trailer is in indiana at the factory there going to fix it but i don't want it knowing the waranty is up now.Whats going to happen next year.The only thing i can say is the camper show is this weekend and i wont be buying anoyher keystone.Flagg has done nothing at all for me,they sold the trailer thats all they care about.Its not even the salesman it was the owner that wants to insult me with the trade in value.Never again
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
chartrand

I would suggest you give them a chance. I would wager that when you get the trailer back you will be quite happy with the repair, but you have to be open minded about it. If all your thinking about are the past problems, then you will never be happy with a Keystone product. And while they (just like other manufacturers out there) have some issues from time time, they do tend to get it right more often or they would no longer be in business.

Let us know how things look after you get the unit back.

Happy Camping
-Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
billstuart

Due to the extent of the damage and the time you have been without your rig, I think you would be wise to ask Keystone to extend your factory warranty for one year from the date you get the rig back. If it were me, I would hold that out as a condition to signing off on the repair and taking re-delivery of your trailer.
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Previous RV's:
1992 Prowler 35' Bunkhouse
1986 Fireball 30'
1978 Nomad 24'
1963 Kenskill 19.5'
1972 Dyna Cruiser Camper on '72 F-250
A Tent
billstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #29
gmtech1

Thats what i wanted but he will only give me 6 months ,what does that tell you.The problems usally happen over the winter.If they could give me at least 1 year and fix all my concerns along with painting the frame so it could look new not 10 years old i would be happy.we'll see what happens.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #30
scuba0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
Thats what i wanted but he will only give me 6 months ,what does that tell you.The problems usally happen over the winter.If they could give me at least 1 year and fix all my concerns along with painting the frame so it could look new not 10 years old i would be happy.we'll see what happens.
I sure hope this all works out for the best for you!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #31
crash

We had the same problem with a 2012 forest river,every time we went out we had issuses and would have to take it back to the dealer 3 and four times for the same problems,the final straw was when I was getting shocked by just touching the outside of the camperthey said that was normal(my a**).Here in Va. we have the lemon law so I got a lawyer and the manuf. bought it back.We had it 6 months paid 29,500 for it used it 10 times and they gave us 28,000 for it ,We were happy and this is how we got the lovely 384pk Raptor and we love it
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #32
davidjsimons

Quote:
I'm not woried about the insurance company because keystone is going to fix it ,it's just the point that I bought a brand new camper and what happens down the road if i keep it.Honestly I don't even know if I want another keystone.I went to the dealer to look and the campers on the lot look worst than mine as far as the appearance,the center caps are all rusty the door latches for the storage doors are bleeding rust and these are 2013.I just find the quality ain't there.
I saw a bunch of trailers that were being delivered to my local dealer not too long back. I even made reference to this in a post. What you are seeing is a result of winter time delivery from the factory. The new trailers that I saw looked ten years old. These trailers were not just Keystones either. When I saw this, I was thankful that my trailer had been built in September and delivered to the dealership where I purchased it in November and carried it home. To date, my trailer has never seen road salt and does not have any surface rust at all. This is just something to consider when purchasing a new trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
gtinet

Quote:
Well the trailer is in indiana at the factory there going to fix it but i don't want it knowing the waranty is up now.Whats going to happen next year.The only thing i can say is the camper show is this weekend and i wont be buying anoyher keystone.Flagg has done nothing at all for me,they sold the trailer thats all they care about.Its not even the salesman it was the owner that wants to insult me with the trade in value.Never again
Any word from the factory yet? Who have you been dealing with there, you can give me initials if you don't want to list the name. I'm curious if its one of the two people I've been talking to. Based on your post, it sounds like I'm being promised the same things you are: make a payment, extend the warranty, fix it back to factory new, etc...

Best of luck,
Kevin
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #34
scuba0331

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtinet View Post
Any word from the factory yet? Who have you been dealing with there, you can give me initials if you don't want to list the name. I'm curious if its one of the two people I've been talking to. Based on your post, it sounds like I'm being promised the same things you are: make a payment, extend the warranty, fix it back to factory new, etc...

Best of luck,
Kevin
I hope you both were able to get a satisfactory resolution.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #35
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfthomas View Post
I purchased a new 3100 in 3/13 and had nothing but problems out it and only have used one time. I have had black mold in the bedroom from what the dealer said was a faulty valve in the fresh water tank, which my reply was why was there water in the tank on a brand new camper. First trip out grey tank valve was broke,face full of dishwater. Woke up one morning to water pouring in the bedroom window and finally on the way home from the trip the battery fell off and I was dragging it down the road. Keystone has been no help telling me I have to talk to the dealer. The dealer is fixing everything but I understand where you are coming from I will never purchase another keystone product or purchase anything from the dealer I bought it from in southwest va.
Bfthomas,

Has anything changed on your RV status since 6/8/13 when you posted these same problems in another thread? We try to post an issue in only one location, so if you would, please limit your posting on a specific topic to one area.

Thanks

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
gmtech1

Angry

Well this is how it went .The factory fixed all the problems I even got them to paint the rusty frame.I got 3 months of payments and a 6 month extended warranty.I got a call from keystone saying the trailer was done and it would be shipped out the next day.I .Called my dealer 2 weeks later seeing if the trailer was done because I know they had to replace the couch they previously ordered,they told me they couldn't find my trailer.So I called keystone back to find out what is going on.Received a phone call a half hour later saying I got good news and bad news,hear we go.The good news they found the trailer in the back lot the bad news they damaged it bringing it back.They blew out a tire and ripped both wheel moldings off,but keystone would fix it.I called keystone I wanted four tires replaced not one they said they would give me 4 but I would have to pay to have them installed,well that ain't going to happen.After all arguing they replaced 4 tires.Brought camper home level it out and open slides go to open up awning it blows fuses,now im pissed.I check it out its got a short in it where the cord goes through the wall.I went inside the house to calm down for a couple of minutes.Decided to hook up the water I turn on the faucet and go in the camper and I can hear water running,look outside theres water pouring out of the camper I shut the water off they never connected the pipes to the kithen sink now the campers soaked again.I emailed keystone the dealer picked it up at my house the next day.Called dealer explained to them I don't want camper back till they check everything.they ended up fixing the kitchen sink drain and pipes because the where never installed at keystone and they didn't silicone the sink.So that's how my 1 year old camper is doing never will buy keystone again.Anybody wan't to by a camper that's been rebuilt.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
billb800si

Quote:
So that's how my 1 year old camper is doing never will buy keystone again.Anybody wan't to by a camper that's been rebuilt.
======================

Ah, no........

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #38
rode2nowhere

being rebuilt may have more attention to detail given to it
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
sasteve49

I have been an RVer for over 20 years and had 5th wheels for over 14 years. Usually I bought 2nd hand older models so my wife could change the upholstery and we could repaint the insides without worrying about reducing the value. But this time we "upgraded" to a 2010 Cougar 318sab. Worst decision! Keystone makes the worst, shoddiest and leaky trailers ever! The shower leaked down into the storage compartment badly. So I resealed the entire shower inside. Still leaked....so pulled the plastic "plugs" in the shower walls. Found NO sealant and this was the leak! Sealed with silicone and replaced. Fixed leak. But could not stop leaking from bottom of glass shower stall, so gave up and installed a shower curtain. Irritating! Then more leaks, this time from the tap assembly. Removed from wall and found minimal sealant around edges and only 4 screws to pull against wall which is paper thin and will not tighten enough. So....drilled 4 more holes and installed a "backplate" to enable the screws to be tightened enough. Then the power Inverter/converter went out. Had to replace. Then the bumper broke! Only had 2 bikes on the slideout platform attached to the bikerack on the bumper! Then the fiberglass wall underneath the 5th wheel floor hung down, only had 4 small screws holding it up. So had to install an angle aluminum length and drill a bunch of holes to hold it securely! Then a leak into a slideout, soaking the carpet in a corner...and then the main slideout wouldn't retract on a long roadtrip......Called Keystone....the woman who answered was a classic! When I told her that we lived fulltime in our trailer she said "oh, but these are only recreational trailers" So that it explains it all......they are not designed to last very long! Now the fridge has gone out........Can we get a class-action lawsuit against this ripoff company???
sasteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasteve49 View Post
..... Now the fridge has gone out........Can we get a class-action lawsuit against this ripoff company???
Are you proposing a class action lawsuit against Dometic? They made the refer... Or are you proposing one against Keystone? Either way, you've got to count me out, my refer works great and I haven't had any problems with my Keystone RV either. I'm thinking the vast majority of owners aren't having the issues you have, so maybe it's not Keystone? rather the trailer and the way you're using it coupled with the dealer support (or lack of support) in repairing things as they break?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote