Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Trinibob

storage shortage no more

my old tt had front and back under deck storage soooo i was faced with a daunting task of getting all my stuff into the one front storage.
so on one side i installed a shelf with a back lip to store all the cooking pie and hotdog sticks ax and cranks... you know THAT STUFF THAT DOSENT FIT ANY PLACE.

then on the other side i made a sliding/hanging bracket to hold our tote that we put power cords,tools,small stuff that ya gotta have.

now we have all the room we hade before and then some.

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Nice work! I need to do something similar for our shovel and broom. Plan on hanging them from basement ceiling.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Trinibob

thanks now i half to install some doors in the inside to axcess some space that keystone must think i dont need! like behind the sink and under the sofa and bench seats. yes i know all i half to do is move the cushion or lift the sofa up but my wife thinks it should be door there so there will be a door when im done.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
alien_scones

Have any storage ideas for fishing poles?

DW wont let me hang them on the inside.
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
CincyGus

I've seen people use PVC Pipes mounted to the frame under the camper for Fishing rods and reels with great success. Much like you would do for a stinky slinky. Maybe a 4" or 6" pipe so it's big enough to allow the rod to be stored without removing the reel. End caps with some sort of lock clasp.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Trinibob

Fishing pole storage

I use two inch velcro strips that I snapped to the top of the wall in a bedroom and sandwich rods every 3 inches down the velcro strips. Poles hang out of the way and are easily accessible

Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
azlee56

BF is going to do the velcro on the walls of the mancave basement.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
njboomer75

I have the storage compartment that goes all the way through in the front of my camper, so on the the front wall of that I used the removable 3M hooks for each of the poles. works great and can always move them.
njboomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
Bushman512000

Bob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinibob View Post
thanks now i half to install some doors in the inside to axcess some space that keystone must think i dont need! like behind the sink and under the sofa and bench seats. yes i know all i half to do is move the cushion or lift the sofa up but my wife thinks it should be door there so there will be a door when im done.
You mean the wife said jump so how high is the jump lol We have all been there ...Bushman and the extra storeage is always needed...
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Without getting into the wife/husband relationships of anyone on this forum, one of the easiest ways to store crank handles, fire ring tripod stands, etc is with broom and mop clips. They are available at any hardware store, WalMart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Just screw them into the wall (in a place with backing board strong enough to support them) clip the handles into the spring loaded clip and forget them until you need them. Safe, secure and out of the way.

Here's a picture of a clip to illustrate what they look like.
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
audio1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinibob View Post
My wife thinks the same thing. I'm thinking of measuring & taping a nice rectangle under each bench seat side, cutting carefully and finding some similar trim, stained to match, as trim to cover the cut hole. Add a couple hinges and you have yourself a door. I thought of hinging the door up and adding some G1S plywood on the floor, on drawer slides so the contents slide out while you hold the door out of the way.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #12
Trinibob

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio1der View Post
My wife thinks the same thing. I'm thinking of measuring & taping a nice rectangle under each bench seat side, cutting carefully and finding some similar trim, stained to match, as trim to cover the cut hole. Add a couple hinges and you have yourself a door. I thought of hinging the door up and adding some G1S plywood on the floor, on drawer slides so the contents slide out while you hold the door out of the way.
I ordered 2 doors from the outside kitchen and a second door that matches the 1 under the sink they showed up yesterday the outside kitchen doors are a perfect fit for under the seat 35 dollars each and I will put the other large door on the back side of the sink by the front door so I can access the large space behind the sink.
That door was 37 dollars.