Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2021, 07:36 AM   #1
JGrving

Dometic 2852 fridge panel bowing

Hi all,

I have a 2019 Cougar 24sabwe with a bowed out fridge panel. I am attempting to remove the door, to fix the panel. The problem that I am having is the freezer door comes off no problem, after removing the pin. The challenge I am having is getting the nut to release below the hinge plate so that I can pull the top pin of fridge door. Any help would be appreciated. Curious if anyone else has seen this problem with a panel bowing out?

Thanks,
Jeff
JGrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrving View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2019 Cougar 24sabwe with a bowed out fridge panel. I am attempting to remove the door, to fix the panel. The problem that I am having is the freezer door comes off no problem, after removing the pin. The challenge I am having is getting the nut to release below the hinge plate so that I can pull the top pin of fridge door. Any help would be appreciated. Curious if anyone else has seen this problem with a panel bowing out?

Thanks,
Jeff

Since it is difficult to imagine what a bowed panel looks like or the specific issue you are having with removing the pin, perhaps some pics would help. You might also go to the UserCP (left/top in black band) and create a signature with year, make and model of your camper and tow vehicle so responses to other questions will have more context. In this case, the brand and model of the refrigerator will also help. Some of the smarter folks on this board are now or have been rv techs.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
JGrving

Good point on the pics. New to the forum thing as well as rv’ing. I have properly updated (I think)my profile. Will do a follow up post with more details and pics.

Basically, I just need to get the panel off of a Dometic 2852. It is an aluminum panel bonded to a fiber board product that slides into channels on fridge door. I can’t slide it up as panel hits ceiling. So… door needs to come off.
Cheers
JGrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Depending on how your refrigerator cabinet is constructed by Keystone, sometimes it's easier to remove the lower hinge and drop the door out of the pin than it is to remove the center hinge. Take a look at your bottom hinge, if there's access to the screw on the outside of the refrigerator cabinet, that may be your best solution.

If the lower hinge screws are hard to access, sometimes a "thin wall ignition wrench" will fit between the door and the hinge to hold the nut that you're finding hard to get to.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrving View Post
Good point on the pics. New to the forum thing as well as rv’ing. I have properly updated (I think)my profile. Will do a follow up post with more details and pics.

Basically, I just need to get the panel off of a Dometic 2852. It is an aluminum panel bonded to a fiber board product that slides into channels on fridge door. I can’t slide it up as panel hits ceiling. So… door needs to come off.
Cheers
I told you there were smart people on this forum to help with the odd question. BTW: You have no signature or profile info. You have to save it to have it show up... maybe the bottom of the UserCP page....
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:07 AM   #6
bearcat77

I’m not up on my refrigerator model numbers, so maybe yours is different. When we had a panel bow out, I did not have to remove the door. There is a piece of trim on top of the door that was held on by two screws maybe? Removed that trim, slid old panel out, new panel in, and replaced trim.
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge