Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2021, 02:51 AM   #1
DrLuke

Lippert 3.0 flashing lights

Just got home from a trip. No issues hooking up & coming home.
Get home got 'LF' error. Front left jack could not manually be moved. Had to use drill to adjust jack and to 'rehome' which seemed to work fine.
Checked harnesses and all connections good.

After rehoming i get same error when attempting to drop jacks using lippert system.

Now getting flashing light for front and left.
Sitting in the same spot I have for 2 years with mild tilt. Put in a question to Lippert and have heard nothing. Nothing particular in the troubleshooting for this. All says to rehome.

Thought about resetting but not sure if this is the right thing. I would have to use drill to retract all jacks to level and reset. Is it worth a try? Or try something else.

Any ideas from the user experts here?
DrLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:50 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Blinking light indicates the “low” side(s) the system detects.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:02 AM   #3
DrLuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Blinking light indicates the “low” side(s) the system detects.
I did see that in the manuals and this is definitely the low side of the coach. However I have always blocked appropriately and really the issue is that the jack won't drop at all for me to adjust.
I even pulled it out to where the coach was essentially level and got the same front and left blinking lights. There is less than .5 degree off level in either direction.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:13 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have rehomed the system, and the jack still won’t work, you can apply 12V to the jack wiring to rule out a failed motor.

When you rehomed, did you do a complete system rehome?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #5
DrLuke

If a complete rehoming is having all four jacks out at least 6 in and then holding down the retract button on the keypad until all four jacks come back to the home status then yes. If there was something else to do at this point then I may have missed that.
I will need to look for instructions on how to hook the 12 volt to the Jack motor.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

You shouldn’t have to hold the retract button. If they are all out 6” then you should only have to hold the retract button until they start retracting. If you let off and they stop retracting, then they either aren’t out 6” or there is another issue.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #7
DrLuke

Yes it was essentially just a push not a hold. All 4 jacks retracted in this mode.
It's just trying to do anything at this point that sets off the LF error again
Old 05-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLuke View Post
Yes it was essentially just a push not a hold. All 4 jacks retracted in this mode.
It's just trying to do anything at this point that sets off the LF error again
Are you plugged into shore power or the truck while doing this?

Have you disconnected and reconnected the panel yet?

Also, scroll through the commands on the panel and report the voltage.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #9
DrLuke

I am connected to shore power.

I have not disconnected the panel. I can try that but we'll need to figure out where the connection is for that.

Voltage is 12.7
Old 05-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #10
Javi

Quote:
I am connected to shore power.

I have not disconnected the panel. I can try that but we'll need to figure out where the connection is for that.

Voltage is 12.7
There should be 4 screws in the face plate holding the unit in place... that will work if you can't remove a panel behind the unit.. my last trailer it was a panel in the basement.. I removed the panel and could access the rear of the control unit..
Old 05-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

If your connected to shore power you should be seeing 13+ VDC on the panel.

At 12.7 if you use a VOM on the battery during autolevel, if it drops below 12.0 for even an instant, the system may error out. I spent an hour on my cell phone with an LCI tech from Oregon, trying to diagnose issues with a brand new unit.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #12
DrLuke

Switch the battery disconnect to on and then was getting 13.5 volts.

Found the panel disconnect and unplugged it and plugged it back in but still had the flashing lights.

Try dropping the jacks again after getting the 13.5 volts but immediately back to error code and only way to stop it is to again use my drill to get the Jack down 6 in to rehome and reset the message.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #13
Javi

Quote:
Switch the battery disconnect to on and then was getting 13.5 volts.

Found the panel disconnect and unplugged it and plugged it back in but still had the flashing lights.

Try dropping the jacks again after getting the 13.5 volts but immediately back to error code and only way to stop it is to again use my drill to get the Jack down 6 in to rehome and reset the message.
My guess is that you've fried the panel or the controller with low voltage... happen to me as well.

There is a reset button on the controller if I remember correctly. Check the Lippert site for instructions.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights