Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
Larold042

Transporting a Predator 3500 Generator

Hello all!! Newbie to the Forum so this may be in wrong area of the forum. Been camping for years now but just new to this forum. My wife and I recently (Yesterday) purchased a 2021 Keystone Sprinter 32BH! We will take ownership on the 27th of this month. We are looking at options of transporting our predator 3500. I am only looking at TRANSPORTING ONLY in the front battery compartment. I would never run this unit inside the compartment. My question is, will the floor of this compartment be enough support for this generator going down the road at highway speeds? I will tie it down to stop all movement but was just wondering on the floor capabilities of this area. The unit weights 115lbs full of gas and oil. Thank you all in advance!!
Larold042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larold042 View Post
Hello all!! Newbie to the Forum so this may be in wrong area of the forum. Been camping for years now but just new to this forum. My wife and I recently (Yesterday) purchased a 2021 Keystone Sprinter 32BH! We will take ownership on the 27th of this month. We are looking at options of transporting our predator 3500. I am only looking at TRANSPORTING ONLY in the front battery compartment. I would never run this unit inside the compartment. My question is, will the floor of this compartment be enough support for this generator going down the road at highway speeds? I will tie it down to stop all movement but was just wondering on the floor capabilities of this area. The unit weights 115lbs full of gas and oil. Thank you all in advance!!
I keep mine in my pickup truck bed behind the cab.. I have a long 30 amp extension cord and could run it from that location if I needed to.. I keep it locked up....you may find your going to need a chiropractor after trying to lift the generator out in front of you to get it in the storage compartment... the same problem people have trying to get heavy battery’s in the front battery compartment...I have a tonneau cover and after I disconnect trailer I cover up the bed of truck and generator is out of sight

Probably damage the door seal trying to get it in there also
Old 03-14-2021, 01:37 PM   #3
Larold042

This is what I am probably going to do but just wanted others peoples opinion. My keystone rep for my area told me that this area is great for the generator transport option. I may just tell the wife I need the 2200 watt one for when we do the boondocking as it is enough to run one of my ACs. ��
Old 03-14-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larold042 View Post
This is what I am probably going to do but just wanted others peoples opinion. My keystone rep for my area told me that this area is great for the generator transport option. I may just tell the wife I need the 2200 watt one for when we do the boondocking as it is enough to run one of my ACs. ��
I would have been much happier if I would have bought two 2000 watt predators and the parallel kit... much more versatile and lighter and if camping in the colder months would only take one with me... also in power outage I could give one to my son or daughter if needed..
Old 03-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #5
Larold042

If you get the 2000 and the 3500, we can get the Firman Parelle kit and run the two together with the 50amp rv plug. But, will have to convince the wife to get the 2000 watt.

Tags
generator