Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #1
Peter Pan

Bed height in garage

I am looking for some advise on adjusting the top bed height on the duel power beds. I have a new Fuzion 373 and would like to have it only come down a few feet. I would like to have about 6’ of clearance, from the floor to the bottom of the top bunk. The four little adjustable stop plates do not keep the bed high enough.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:25 AM   #2
2Gray6770

Smile Top Bunk in garage advice

We just bought a 2013 Fuzion 310. We love it but the top bunk comes down too far and to sit on the benches you have to duck to get under. I want the top bunk to stay at the top so we are bending down to sit. Has anyone fixed this issue in their toy hauler? Can it be done?

Thank you
2Gray6770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:44 AM   #3
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Gray6770 View Post
We just bought a 2013 Fuzion 310. We love it but the top bunk comes down too far and to sit on the benches you have to duck to get under. I want the top bunk to stay at the top so we are bending down to sit. Has anyone fixed this issue in their toy hauler? Can it be done?

Thank you
Apparently the little stops screwed in to the rails for the bed can be moved. I have heard others moving them by unscrewing and repositioning at their desired height. Might require some drilling, not sure.

I'm planning to move my stops because I want the bed to come lower but that project won't happen for a few weeks.

When you lower the bed, you'll see the stops with a few screws holding them in place. Mine happen to be brass so easy to spot
NV is home but SD is where I'll be.
P & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:26 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Gray6770 View Post

Thank you
Welcome to the forum

There should be pins for the top bed that go through the rails. I’ve seen one system that if you raise the beds just enough to get the top bed to the top, cams rotate to keep it in place.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:48 AM   #5
bsmith0404

The pins that go through the rails are to lock it in the up position. If you want it lowered from that, it rides in the lower bed/couches until it hits the stop blocks in the rail. Those can be moved to different heights, but there isn’t a lot of adjustment, if I remember correctly, about 8-10” top to bottom. You can drill and tap holes up higher if needed.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed