Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2020, 05:34 AM   #1
Steve419

Popping Floor

We own a 2018 27' Springdale Summerland TT.
We're fulltimers and have pulled camper to AZ and back from Ohio.

Over time our floor has begun to pop as you walk on it, almost as pound as a rifle sound. It will wake anyone who is sleeping. I have repeatedly check level front to rear, side to side.
I am wondering if anyone else has had similar situation, if so how was it remedied.
Steve419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe the Summerland series is built with 2x3 "clear wood floor joists" which are mounted on the frame rails. There is a DARCO covering under the joists that prevents water intrusion, fiberglass insulation between the joists and a 5/8" "structure-wood" (glue/wood strands/chips) floor on top of the joists.

Any popping would likely be caused by a failed floor joist or a failed joist/frame rail bolt or screw...

If your trailer is still covered under the Keystone 3 year structural warranty, I'd urge you to contact a dealership and have the trailer inspected before the warranty expires.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
Steve419

Popping Floor

Thank you so much for the reply. I understand your explanation and it's very likely that is the problem. I'm contacting dealer today to arrange an inspection.
Steve419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor