Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
cms

Trying to decide on a Raptor 395LEV or a Heartland Cyclone 3800

Man,

Talk about stressing yourself out. I think I have narrowed my choices to either the Raptor 395LEV or the Heartland Cyclone HD 3800.

Looking for feedback on Raptor's recent quality or upgrades from recent years. I know alot of you guys have probably owned multible campers.

My dad has a XLR 35x12. I like it but I don't like their floorplans.

The fit and finish looks to be much improved on the Raptor's.

I love the reclining couches in the Cyclone's!

I want to be confortable and lazy in this thing lol...

I'm hearing from some dealers that the insulation is better in the heartland product's. These dealers sale all of the brands I have mentioned.

Man, such a tough decision. Will probably be the only time in my life time that I will be able to make a purchase like this so thats why I'm going nuts lol... I can't be one of these folks that buy one and decide they don't like it and buy another the next 6 mouths or year or 2.

Sorry to rant on and on...

Thanks
cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
dave-g

I have a cougar- 325srx- made by keystone- same as raptor. quality seems pretty good.

I would suggest going the the dealer mid week and spend some time in each unit. Lay down in the bed, climb in the bunks, stand in the shower. Open and close every door.

I personally like a regular dinning table. The raptor has a sofa with a table. But every body is different.

What ever one you chose- do a VERY good PRE-DEVIVERY check of everything. I say pre delivery- do not sign the final paper work unless EVERY THING is perfect. Even it delays delivery.

Good Luck Happy shopping!!!
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Donegal Bill

I love the 396LEV

I have had the 395LEV for about 3 months and have had it on 3 trips already ..First trip was a 2500 mile, 15 day shakedown trip...second was a short run for about 4 days, and I just got back from a 17 day Tennessee and NC trip with the Raptor and my new Polaris 500 crew UTV. The Garage was an exact fit for the UTV, and was really a fun way to go....Tennessee was full of trails, and I could park the Raptor in the sticks, and ruff it..(haha, if this is ruffing it..)...The Raptor is really made very well....I have over 5000 miles in 3 months and over a month in this unit without any major issues..When I received unit in March, we had a few cold camping nights, and found no problems with the insulation, Overall , one of the best trailers I have owned..(from a pop up to a 33 foot TT to a 41 foot TT...Now the Raptor 395) Great unit..(yes, some minor issues that they are working on, but nothing major)
2012 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Crew
Donegal Bill is offline   Reply With Quote