Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
michaelrc51

Raptor 300mp garage floor question

Hello all, I am new to the forum and we are picking up a 2014 Raptor 300mp in a few weeks. We are very excited!

I will be using the toy hauler for family duty and also for doing motorcycle track days with my buddies.

I am preparing to mount the stand braces into the floor but I need to know what the floor thickness in the garage is so I can get the correct hardware.

Does anyone know what the thickness of the floor is? Maybe 3/4"?
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The floor is probably 5/8" oriented strand "sturdy floor" with a "garage floor covering" over that. I'm not sure what Keystone used back then, probably a vinyl "diamond plate" pattern.

One caution: Be very careful drilling holes through the floor. On many toy haulers, the fuel tanks for the optional generator and the refueling station for the toys are mounted "DIRECTLY UNDER and ADJACENT TO" the floor, so if you drill through the floor, there's a real good chance you can also drill through the fuel tank, SO BE SURE TO MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU DRILL !!!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #3
michaelrc51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The floor is probably 5/8" oriented strand "sturdy floor" with a "garage floor covering" over that. I'm not sure what Keystone used back then, probably a vinyl "diamond plate" pattern.

One caution: Be very careful drilling holes through the floor. On many toy haulers, the fuel tanks for the optional generator and the refueling station for the toys are mounted "DIRECTLY UNDER and ADJACENT TO" the floor, so if you drill through the floor, there's a real good chance you can also drill through the fuel tank, SO BE SURE TO MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU DRILL !!!!!!

Thanks!
Yeah, I’ll be pulling all that stuff down before doing everything. I would just like to order the correct hardware so I’m ready when I get it.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #4
roadglide

What chocks do you have ? The decision are overwhelming when it comes to bike chocks.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #5
michaelrc51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
What chocks do you have ? The decision are overwhelming when it comes to bike chocks.

No chocks, these things are the best thing ever invented. Hoping to fit 5 bikes in the garage.
Takes 2 min to put it on the bike and put bike in stand. Throw a strap on the front end to keep it from bouncing to high and you’re done.

https://www.pit-bull.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=1116
Old 02-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #6
chunker

I had a 2011 Raptor 300MP and thought the floor was 1". The garage floor back then didn't have the coroplast so you could see everything under the floor. The "D" rings are only screwed in with lag screws which I didn't feel was adequate. I used very large fender washers and steel plates to reinforce the bolts I used to replace the screws. Assuming the 14 is the same as the 11 you'll be able to see the fuel tanks, frame members and any wiring.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #7
michaelrc51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
I had a 2011 Raptor 300MP and thought the floor was 1". The garage floor back then didn't have the coroplast so you could see everything under the floor. The "D" rings are only screwed in with lag screws which I didn't feel was adequate. I used very large fender washers and steel plates to reinforce the bolts I used to replace the screws. Assuming the 14 is the same as the 11 you'll be able to see the fuel tanks, frame members and any wiring.

Thanks.
Yeah, each end has 2 bolts so I’m planning to make 3/16” or 1/4” steel plates for each side. This should give it enough base to get a good clamp load and enough surface area to not rip through the plywood.

Same here, I don’t trust those D rings.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #8
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
No chocks, these things are the best thing ever invented. Hoping to fit 5 bikes in the garage.
Takes 2 min to put it on the bike and put bike in stand. Throw a strap on the front end to keep it from bouncing to high and you’re done.

https://www.pit-bull.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=1116
Interesting product I have not seen anything like that. This is made for a street bike or off road dual sport I could see 6 dirt bikes jammed into a 12 ft garage with that thing .
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
michaelrc51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Interesting product I have not seen anything like that. This is made for a street bike or off road dual sport I could see 6 dirt bikes jammed into a 12 ft garage with that thing .
https://www.pit-bull.com/motorcycle-...bd-f0075kn-000

Apparently they make them for Harleys as well.

With the weight of a full dresser, I think I would make a big reinforcement plate for under the floor. It just gives the stand a stronger base.

Yeah, IDK we will have to try different configurations. We fit 3 pretty easily in a 6'x10' V-nose trailer. With these stands, you can put bikes really close together. The bikes don't move at all, lots of people don't even strap the front. They will just bounce a little but the setup is so simple and solid it's really nice.
After a tiring track day loading up the bikes is so easy, just have to line up the bike properly and push it right into the stand. Once the levers lock in you just put the pin in to secure it and thats it.
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, raptor