Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 03:16 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

'12 Raptor 395LEV Speaker Issues

Good morning all.

I'm new here, first post. Have not been in the RV arena since the '80s, so things have changed... A LOT!

I'm soon to retire, end of the year and we want to travel and see the last 10 states on my wife's list. We bought a used '12 RAM 3500 CC DRW diesel and a month ago just purchased a new to us '12 Keystone Raptor 395LEV late production titled as a '13.

So I got it home Saturday and have it in my cul de sac driveway, not an easy chore by the way. Have 50 amp power hooked up from my garage 50 amp welder service outlet. After I changed out the 3-prong plugs to the 4-prong RV 50 amp connectors.

Now to my issues with the speakers.

I noticed that the sub-woofer is not working and the outside speakers were not working.

I checked the speakers and they seem to be good, but no signal. I was messing around with my test meter and popped a main fuse for the Sony amp on the main panel. As soon as that popped, I could hear something outside; it was the outside speakers. I had the rocker switch turned on to the outside speakers when I popped the fuse.

So I went out and sure enough they were on. Not the best sound, but they were working. I can eliminate them as a fault. But as soon as I turned the rocker switch off and back on, no outside speakers again.

I replaced the main 30 amp DC fuse in the panel and the Sony 700w amp powered back up, but still no sub-woofer with the rocker switch turned on.

It does not look like anyone has messed with the wiring or is there any loose wires etc.

Anyone have such a problem? Or know how to trouble shoot this?

I went into the Sony head unit to see if there was a setting to turn off the sub, but other than the crossover screen, I have to assume that if the rocker switch is on, the sub should be on as well.

I also know that the rocker switch for the outside speakers works as they turned off with the switch and they DID work for a short period of time.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions after I get to use it the first time.

Thanks in advance and have a great week!

Dan
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
Dan Lockwood

Okay, I fixed the sub-woofer issue. It was turned off at the low pass switch on the amp. Then I set the cutoff and gain. It sounds a lot better now, but not like my listening room in my house. And of course it never will have the clean deep bass that I'm used to.

My outside speakers still stymied me. I know they work, but I'm guessing not when the amp is on.

Anyone have any thoughts on the outside speakers?
Old 09-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
MickLittle

Check your switch for your outside speakers. I had to replace one when my outside speakers quit working.
MickLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Dan Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickLittle View Post
Check your switch for your outside speakers. I had to replace one when my outside speakers quit working.
I'll give that a try tomorrow night.

I will swap out the sub-woofer switch with it, I know it works.

Thanks.

Tags
raptor