Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Droid1962

Water spots

I have a 2016 fusion 414. And I’m getting ready to wash and wax it, but there’s a lot of water spots on it. What do you guys use to remove them? I’m more worried about the spots on the decals. I’m really not looking forward to this project since my 5er is 44 feet long. Going to take me awhile to get it done.
Thanks for any and all advice out there.
Droid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Question - you're getting "ready" to wash and wax it but there are water spots on it? Where did they come from? Rain vs hard water are 2 different things.

It's a 16, is this the first time you've attempted this? If so, you may have more than "water spots" depending on how it is stored.

Folks on the forum use a myriad of products and processes to wash/wax their RV. For us there is no way we "wash" the rv and let it "sit" and dry. We use towels to dry it down to eliminate the "spots". After it has dried thoroughly we apply 303 over the entire trailer and especially all the rubber/vinyl trim strips, edging etc. I'm sure lots of folks will chime in with what works for them; IMO it's not a "one procedure" works for everyone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
Droid1962

Thanks for your reply. We bought it used, and I’m not sure how it was stored. I usually wash dry then wax, but I’ve never had to get water spots off of a trailer before
Old 05-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

If you have any, you might try the 303 to see if it doesn't take the water spots off - I suspect it will. I've not encountered that so I don't really know but experience with it says it will work. There are many other products that will take it off - waxes etc. If it's bad enough you can use a buffer but I can't imagine that you would have to go that extent. Water spots should not require any kind of abrasive so I would just find some sort of "wax" product for the RV and apply it....I suspect the "water spots" won't be there when you buff it out.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #5
Droid1962

I’ve never used the 303 before. I’ll pick some up and give it a try. I want to get it all cleaned up and looking good for my trip in a couple of weeks. I’m leaving Oregon and going to northern Utah, western Wyoming, Montana, then Idaho, and back home

Tags
water