Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Fireman640

Level with slides

Ok i have a 35' Keystone Sprinter 318 FLS 2 slide outs took to lot and put 2 x 6 under the tires and added to make level then blocked tires and unhooked and leveled front to back now after letting the slides out it is low big time is there a trick or did my board just sink in the ground on the low side that much? once the slides came out?
Fireman640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
charltons

i have the 311 bhs sprinter with 2 slides as well. I usually level half a bubble out, then when I open the slides it is almost perfectly level. The extra weight on the slide side compresses the sping a bit when out.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman640 View Post
Ok i have a 35' Keystone Sprinter 318 FLS 2 slide outs took to lot and put 2 x 6 under the tires and added to make level then blocked tires and unhooked and leveled front to back now after letting the slides out it is low big time is there a trick or did my board just sink in the ground on the low side that much? once the slides came out?
Did you put the stabilizer jacks down after leveling the trailer side to side, front to back and before running the slides out? I think most people will make the side with the slides slightly higher then level to compensate for the weight of the slides (there is a learning curve to how much to make it off level).

Personally, I will level the trailer with the off door side (the side my slide is on) just a little higher. Then I block the wheels and unhook the truck and level front to back. I then run the stabilizer jacks down till they firmly touch the ground then one more turn. I then run the slide out and check to make sure jacks are still tight to ground and then check level side to side.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Fireman640

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcpl View Post
Did you put the stabilizer jacks down after leveling the trailer side to side, front to back and before running the slides out? I think most people will make the side with the slides slightly higher then level to compensate for the weight of the slides (there is a learning curve to how much to make it off level).

Personally, I will level the trailer with the off door side (the side my slide is on) just a little higher. Then I block the wheels and unhook the truck and level front to back. I then run the stabilizer jacks down till they firmly touch the ground then one more turn. I then run the slide out and check to make sure jacks are still tight to ground and then check level side to side.
Well i made it level side tyo side my sides are not on door side then i blocked tires then unhooked leveld fron to back then let sides out then i ran jacks down seems i need to make the side side a little higher so when the wiehgt of the slides come out it goes more level ?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
f6bits

Sounds like you’ve got it. I have a single slide and I put a 1x6 under the slide side to even it out.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
Fireman640

Thanks

Im going back down today and will make the slide out side a little highier and see if that makes it more level when the slides are out
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman640 View Post
Well i made it level side tyo side my sides are not on door side then i blocked tires then unhooked leveld fron to back then let sides out then i ran jacks down (do this in opposite order) seems i need to make the side side a little higher so when the wiehgt of the slides come out it goes more level ?
Make sure you have the slide side of the trailer slightly higher then the door side and then put the jacks down before running the slides out. If you run the slides out before putting the jacks down you will be really off level. Other then that it sounds like you have a good handle on what you need to do. Good luck!

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote