Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
cardinal96ss

Old dog, new lesson?

One is never too old to learn new lessons, I guess. Decided on a Sunday that I needed to buy new tires for the front wheels of our 2013 Silverado before leaving early on Thu morning on a 2000+ mile trip. As we were very busy with tons of last minute chores, on Monday morning I ordered the tires (235/80-17 Michelin LTX-A/T2) from the only place that would guarantee a two day install and not require me to come to the store to either pay for them or leave a deposit, and that was the Walmart in Lincoln, NE. Other stores, including COSTCO and Sam’s, said it would take 3-5 days just to get the tires in.
I removed the wheels and my DW took them to Walmart on Wed for an 0900 appt. The installer mis-adjusted the tire machine and while removing the first tire deeply scored the aluminum wheel. It was so deep he would not install the new tire (and I’m thankful for that). DW got into quite a dispute with the Walmart managers since they only have authority to authorize up to $500 (and she knew the new wheel would be over $800) for “problems” and would not give her her or her co-manager’s names, give her a copy of the complaint/claim form, etc. I found that there were only two replacement wheels in the entire state. DW took to the road again to pick up the closest one, in Omaha, while I got back on the phone to find a shop that would install and balance the tires.
Bottom line is that we got the tires mounted and balanced and the wheels back on the truck before Wed evening and were able to hook up and, after a very long night, get on the road on schedule. Never again will I wait until the last minute to inspect all my equipment. BTW after we submitted receipts and had a couple calls with the claim agent, Walmart came thru with a check ($896) to cover the costs of the wheel and DW’s mileage.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
Tbos

Glad you were able to get it all worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote