Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #21
txbowhunter

When you guys are referring to "heat tape" you are speaking of the pipe heating cable that is them wrapped in heat tape? I'm having trouble locating actual heat tape. I see the thermostat controlled heating cable from M-D building products. Those cables aren't cheap. I'm thinking of using that wrapped with tape and then covered in foam insulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #22
bobbecky

We are in our third year using the Pirit hose. We connect it at the beginning of the cold weather, and it's worked perfectly. Our first time using it, had it plugged into the GFI outlet at the pedestal. Worked great until it rained. I ended up using a soda bottle with the cap end cut off, stuffed the plug connection that was exposed to the rain up inside the bottle and propped it up with a coat hanger wire poked into the dirt. Where we are now, at the in-law's, I have a 30 amp to 15 amp dogbone to power the hose. We have the trailer plugged into the 50 amp. The one nice thing about these hoses is, they don't switch on until they get down to 45 degrees, so when the weather is nice, they aren't using any power.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #23
hankaye

txbowhunter, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbowhunter View Post
When you guys are referring to "heat tape" you are speaking of the pipe heating cable that is them wrapped in heat tape? I'm having trouble locating actual heat tape. I see the thermostat controlled heating cable from M-D building products. Those cables aren't cheap. I'm thinking of using that wrapped with tape and then covered in foam insulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go back to page 1 see my post there #5 I think...
click the links.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote