Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #21
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deero View Post
I have a bullet premier and we took out the back bench like you did but was wondering if screwing the wall mount table support would cause any problems? What kind and length of screws did you use? Dw is afraid of screwing anything in the slide out wall because we don't know what is behind that wall. We also made drawers under the banquette. Until I saw your post I was going to install a 3rd post at the back instead of screwing something into the wall. We are new to camping since last year and this is the first time we own a txt and love it.

Hello,

We have not had any problems yet. I used 1" drywall screws, probably 6-8 of them. The wall is only made of luan so the more screws the better for holding it. Been pretty solid so far. I would determine the thickness of your wall just to be sure you don't screw through the exterior!

Additionally, I removed on of the leg posts and now only have a single post. I centered it between where the two posts were. It is nearly as stable as two legs and makes getting in and out easier.

Please feel free to posts your photos of the drawers and progress you made!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #22
Deero

Thanks for answering me so quickly. We have made the modifications and kept the two posts but repositioned them closer to each other,so this makes it easier to sit without having them in the way and makes the table really solid. Will try to send a picture. Now wish I had an electrical outlet near the banquette for ex toAster.You will also see the sliding drawers. We also installed under the mattress for easy access the same cylinders but 40 lbs each. With the 80 lbs mattress wouldn't come down.
Deero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deero View Post
Thanks for answering me so quickly. We have made the modifications and kept the two posts but repositioned them closer to each other,so this makes it easier to sit without having them in the way and makes the table really solid. Will try to send a picture. Now wish I had an electrical outlet near the banquette for ex toAster.You will also see the sliding drawers. We also installed under the mattress for easy access the same cylinders but 40 lbs each. With the 80 lbs mattress wouldn't come down.
I would love to have an outlet at the table too!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote