Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
eaglesview01

Faulty rocker switch

Just took delivery of a new 2014 Fuzion 342 from Lakeshore RV in MI and so far am pleased. Didn't get much of a PDI other than running slides out, starting gen and leveling up. After a week, went to pull slides in and the rocker switch on the control panel worked for the bedroom but not the one for the 2 main room slides. Also, after a couple of cycles, the 2 switches for the awnings stopped working. I can perform the functions fine with the remote. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine.
eaglesview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
therink

If it were me, I would pull the control panel out and swap wires between two of the rocker switches to confirm that the switch is bad, then have the dealer mail me a replacement switch.
You can also check voltage at the switches with a meter. On my rig, just past the awning switch is a solid state relay. My relay stopped working after one week and was replaced under warranty.
It is easy enough to do and in my opinion not worth the hassle of a dealer service appointment.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #3
Javi

Some folks have had problems with the control panel working if the remote was used. It seems that some (apparently not all) will not retract with the wall switch if the remote was used to extend and some won't extend if the remote was used to retract.. So I would try and see if they're just out of sync first.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
Yosemitebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Some folks have had problems with the control panel working if the remote was used. It seems that some (apparently not all) will not retract with the wall switch if the remote was used to extend and some won't extend if the remote was used to retract.. So I would try and see if they're just out of sync first.
Mine work that way, you have to be out of the remote function.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
eaglesview01

rocker switch

Even tried turning off all breakers, disconnected shore and 12V power for 5 minutes and still no change. Thought maybe it would reset something!!
eaglesview01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, rocker switch