Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Wanderlustincolorado

Darn table...help! 2005 challenger

new member here. I bought a real nice 2005 Challenger. I don't know anything about trailers and I have learned a lot!
I also have encountered stumbling blocks!
Today I thought I would take the table and chairs out and put a cool corner booth in its place. I didn't know the table is bolted? To the floor! I am a woman and I am 68 Years old. I move 5 irrigation side rolls every day so I am fairly strong. I cannot, however, get those darn bolts out. Any hints, please?

While I am At it, can you tell me how to get a wiring schematic for this trailer? The hot water heater won't turn on and I don't know what breaker controls it!

thanks!!
wanderlustincolorado (Patty)
Wanderlustincolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Patty -

Unfortunately, there isn't a wiring or any other type of schematic for any Keystone RV. Many others have also asked for them but Keystone will not make them available.

Is the HW heater not working on both gas and electricity or just electricity? If it works on gas then you may have to go to the outside access to the HW tank and open the panel door. Look at the bottom left-hand corner for a small, black rocker switch. If it is there, it is the ON/OFF control for the electrical part of the tank. Press the switch to the ON position, wait for the water to heat up. Make sure you have water in the tank BEFORE doing this!

This rocker switch is found on many models but not all so the directions above will only apply to those models that have an external rocker switch to turn the power on to the tank.

I'm not familiar with the bolted table so can't help you out there. Hopefully, a member who has this model or a similar table will chime in and tell you how to remove it.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #3
jodrey

i think is hold by screws.

Ram 3500 DRW 2015
Cougar 276 2007
jodrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
outwest

If it's like a rig used to have, the table feet have screws holding it to the floor and you'll most likely need a square tip screwdriver for 'em.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
Wanderlustincolorado

Talking 2005 Challenger questions

Hi! Thanks Festus for the information! Last night at 11:55 the water tank came on! I didn't do anything! I heard the propane fire up and went out to investigate. It went off 15 minutes later and I had hot water! Wonderful!!
I found that rocker switch and pushed "on" this morning. I hope the hot water is now being heated with electricity.

Thanks for the square tip screw driver tip - that is what worked!!

You folks are the BEST!
Wanderlustincolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlustincolorado View Post
I hope the hot water is now being heated with electricity.

You folks are the BEST!
Actually, you can use both propane and electricity to heat your HW tank. Using both makes for a quicker recovery time - especially for back-to-back showers or prolonged demand for hot water. Electricity is a bit slower and probably cheaper than propane but if you are hooked up to electricity, you might as well use it to heat the tank and; if necessary, use propane to make the heating faster.