Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
ozkamper

New Bullet Premier problems

We had a gently used bullet for 4 weeks, just over a year old. We returned it because the slide was acting up, two motors and was coming in crooked, stopping, door leaked, etc. My husband was worried that even if the slide was fixed that we would have problems later on.

So we traded it in for a premier bullet 22rb, I was at work so husband did quick inspection and didn't catch alot. There was really no problems with our other bullet, we were happy but what we have found so far with the Premier will make us never, ever buy another Keystone.

1) Cracked cabinet framing.
2) Peeling paper on cabinets,
3) Missing screws on window latch (gone, both of them)
4) Dinette storage, can't pull one out very far, rods not attached to framing what so ever.
5) Loose, noisy toilet, not attached right. (So much for quiet BR visits at night)
6) Trailer frame is rusted, horribly rusted
7) Jacks are rusted, loose, didn't tighten up bolts properly.

We were in a hurry to get this trailer, it was the premier, we have owned alot of trailers. We thought 'Premier', top line, little to no problems, we were wrong. We have had low end travel trailers that had fewer problems than this.

We leave on vacation in 7 days and when we return this trailer will go back and they will address and fix every problem we have. We plan on keeping this trailer a few years and then never, ever again buy another keystone product.

Ozkamper
ozkamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Bluewater

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your problems. They all seem to have something wrong. I traded a 1 yr old Forest River with way more problems for my Laredo.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

There are 3 parties responsible for the problems with your trailer. Keystone, for allowing it to leave the factory that way .... The dealer, for not repairing them before you even saw it and, sorry to say, you, for not doing a complete PDI when it was picked up. I think all of us have missed something when we picked up our trailers but many of the things you mentioned could have happened on the dealer's lot or during delivery so Keystone may not be solely responsible. I hope you get everything repaired to your satisfaction and enjoy your trailer. Don't let the name fool you, all Keystone's are basically the same quality level. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
GaryWT

I am sorry that you are having issues. My last trailer went back to the shop after it's first trip to have about 10 things fixed. Our Premier was great from day one. Sometimes it is luck, sometimes a good dealer. Have a great trip and hopefully everything will get fixed when you get back. Remember you get more with sugar than you get with vinegar.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #5
koko

It's distressing to hear a story like yours, because our Premier has only had one issue - a cracked fender skirt - which was resolved by Keystone. Persevere. Keystone and your dealer will fix everything, and you will be pleased in the end. We love ours; and overall, with all of the campers we've owned over the years, it's comparable to the rest. It's such a hassle having to deal with warranty work - frustrating! Hopefully, once everything is addressed you'll have no more problems.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

IT IS AD TO HEAR THESE STORIES. But anything that comes off an assembly line has issues. I worked for new car dealers before doing the independent thing. let me tell you the horror stories that rolled off the lines. it was the dealer that should have fixed all of this. but you too should not have rushed through the pdi. most times a great purchess starts at the dealer. once you get things squared away you will have a nice trailer. I was lucky I had a Good dealer and very little was wrong I wish you the best on your new camper hang in there and to the forum
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
chartrand

Yikes!! I have the premier 22RBPR 2014, and while there have been a few issues I'm very happy with mine. Hope yours gets squared away so you can enjoy some camping.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
ozkamper

other problems found

Bathroom cabinet shelf collapsed yesterday with less than 2lbs of weight on it. Nothing to support it whatsoever.

Tonight hubby pointed out that the double sink (stainless steel) is cracked on one side.

We've had over a dozen travel trailers/fifth wheels in the past 34 years. This one has more problems than we have ever had and it's a premier. I expected better. First Keystone trailer ever and unless things change quickly it will be our last. We're very good at fixing things, modifying, etc. But this one is a problem but we will make it work.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
ozkamper

Another cabinet collapsed on the last day of our trip. This time it was really bad. Our dealer can't take the trailer until the end of July. I remain firm, we will keep this trailer for several years, make it work. But we will never, ever buy another keystone trailer.

The rust alone on the frame looks like our trailer look like it's 20 years old. It went thru alot of snow, salt and sleet to get to our dealer and no one bothered to wash it off. It looks bad, plus our hitch has trouble at times hooking up to the ball with all the rust.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #10
randy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
There are 3 parties responsible for the problems with your trailer. Keystone, for allowing it to leave the factory that way .... The dealer, for not repairing them before you even saw it and, sorry to say, you, for not doing a complete PDI when it was picked up. I think all of us have missed something when we picked up our trailers but many of the things you mentioned could have happened on the dealer's lot or during delivery so Keystone may not be solely responsible. I hope you get everything repaired to your satisfaction and enjoy your trailer. Don't let the name fool you, all Keystone's are basically the same quality level. JM2˘, Hank
That's a good one hank page

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #11
mom2budnbug

Sorry to hear about the issues with the trailer. Have you taken it back to the dealer?

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote