Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
hobiecat

298RE kitchen faucet

After taking delivery of or new Outback 298RE we took it out for its 1st shake down. While hooking up the water my wife starts screaming "turn the water off".
After wiping down the flood around the kitchen sink I found that the kitchen faucet was spraying water out of the top. Not being able to turn just the water off in the kitchen "it's all water on or nothing" I took the faucet apart to inspect it. Did not see a O ring missing or anything loose. What to do 1st trip out on my new Outback, "water on with a leak"or no water? Miles away from a Keystone dealer but close to a Home Depot. So bought a new faucet as close to the one that was in the Outback. Installed the new faucet. The trip was saved! The next day when we got home took the old faucet and the bill from H.D. To my selling dealer. They said they would have to get with Keystone to get my money back for the faucet. Now I'm not looking for the amount I paid for the faucet at H.D. a hole $130.00 when I know the faucet cost about $100.00 at the dealer, but I think I should get something. We'll after a few weeks of nothing from Keystone the dealer had to send the faucet back to Keystone so the could check it out. Give me a break! I did not replace the faucet because I had nothing better to do.
We'll it been another 2 weeks and Keystone says it going to be a least another 2 weeks for them to decide if I should get anything back!
Thanks to the dealer they feel I have waited long enough and gave me a good will store credit for the amount. Thank you General RV. As far as Keystone, I think after buying your camper, the least you could do is take care of your new one month old customer a little faster and not give them the runaround. I just hope nothing else goes wrong that I have to get Keystone involved!
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
bdgmbdgm

faucet

hi,

have a 2014 sprinter and the plastic kitchen faucet came apart/broke. Took it back to the dealer to get a new plastic faucet.

Now those plastic faucets are replaced with metal faucets and you cannot even tell the difference.

The only difference is the quality.
bdgmbdgm is offline   Reply With Quote