Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
cjm

Great service!!!

Often what we read in the forums are the negative experiences we’ve had, rather than the positive. I recently had an excellent experience with Keystone customer service and thought perhaps I would try to balance the scale a little, and give credit where it is due. We bought our trailer in March of 2012.

On day after parking my 2012 Springdale 282BHSS I noticed that it wasn’t level side to side. Upon further inspection discovered that the left rear spring shackle welds had failed and the shackle had fallen and the spring was resting on the frame. We jacked it up, had a local welder re-weld it and headed home. When I inspected it at home I noticed that there were cracks above the spring shackles on both sides, in the frame. Not large, but noticeable. A quick google showed that this is somewhat common, and people have had various levels of success getting it covered.

I set myself up for a fight, took lots of pictures, learned everything I could online about the issue and then contacted Keystone by email. In less than a day I received an email response asking for photos and a VIN which I provided. Less than 3 hours after I emailed the photos I received a phone call from Don Ely of Keystone customer Service. Don was very helpful, asked several questions and advised he would get back to me. In honesty I figured it would take weeks to get told they wouldn’t do anything. Within another day, he asked for a few more photos of the trailer overall, and the current weights of the trailer. Again, within a day of providing this he phoned and asked that I take it to a dealer to be inspected.

Here is where I thought it would get rough… I had bought the trailer in Oregon and live in British Columbia Canada. Dealers here (and elsewhere) are loath to deal with anything they didn’t sell, and the largest dealer here has such a bad reputation that I wouldn’t take a free trailer from them. I asked Don if he knew of a decent dealer in the area, and stated that he had customers that had recently dealt with Kustom Koach and they had been happy.

I called Kustom Koach, explained the issue and they were happy to have me bring in the trailer in a couple of days. They examined it and said they would let me know what Keystone came back with. The next week Kustom Koach contacted me and stated that Keystone was just waiting for the selling dealer to register the warrantee (they never did upon the sale), and when that was done he would contact me. The next day, I received a phone call from Don at Keystone to check how it had gone with Kustom Koach and that we were on hold pending the registration of the warrantee.

A week later Don calls again, to check on the status. After I tell him that we are still waiting, he apologized and said he would ensure it was dealt with today. Sure enough, a few hours later he phones me and said to tell Kustom Koach to put through the authorization again and it would be approved. I passed this on to Kustom, and within 2 hours was phoned back by them saying that Keystone will be covering the cost of repairs. Kustom doesn’t do frame or suspension work themselves, but rather takes it to a specialty shop (one I’m familiar with that has a great reputation!).

They can’t get me in for two weeks, so we are booked in the first week of December. They’ve told me that they will have the trailer back to me that same week.

I have to admit, I’ve been surprised every step of the way on this. Keystone has been not only receptive, but very willing to help and actively follow up. Kustom Koach didn’t balk that they didn’t sell me the trailer and didn’t hesitate to state they would certainly work on it.

I’ll update after the work is done, but so far… WOW I’m very impressed. Kudo’s to Keystone (and Don Ely) and so far to Kustom Koach!
cjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm View Post

Dealers here (and elsewhere) are loath to deal with anything they didn’t sell, and the largest dealer here has such a bad reputation that I wouldn’t take a free trailer from them. I asked Don if he knew of a decent dealer in the area, and stated that he had customers that had recently dealt with Kustom Koach and they had been happy.

I’ll update after the work is done, but so far… WOW I’m very impressed. Kudo’s to Keystone (and Don Ely) and so far to Kustom Koach!
Hats off to Kustom Coach
By any chance would the largest dealer who has such a bad reputation be Fra..Wa in Langley and Abby?

Glad to hear that your experience with Keystone was also positive.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Steve S

Yes I would like to know of the dealership that you've had bad experiences with.
I just bought through Fraser R.V and they were great to deal with.
I had a burner that wouldn't lite all the time and the next day a tech came out and fixed it no charge.
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Mark TC

I bought a 2013 Hideout from Holman Motors here in the Cincinnati area back in March. I took it back the last week of October for a short list of warranty work to be done, they told me it would be about two weeks before it would be done, I said that would be fine. While I was there I dumb a$$ was looking at 2014 Outbacks and traded it in. They called me today to let me know the warranty work was done on the Hideout I traded. It was a mistake for the service to call me and tell me but the point is that all I had to do was drop it off with a list of items that needed attition and it was taken care of. I have bought two TT from Holman this year and feel I have gotten a great deal both time. When I do a search on the two I bought I see that by going to Holman I have saved thousands of dollars and have always been treated very well and they have taken care of any issues that I have had with both TT. I have to give the Holman Team from sale to service to parts a Kudos for there great customer service

Here is a pick of both TT when I was picking up the new and the new Outback on my first trip with it last week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384467115.143002.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4538   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384467206.046371.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	4539  
Mark TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
cjm

That one is Mer__ian,,, sounds like something found in between two lanes of traffic

I was impressed with Kustom Koach stepping in, and hopefully will be equally impressed with the work.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
cjm

Well, i picked up the trailer today... in the midst of a snow storm .

Kustom Koach did a great job, and faster than i had thought. They put fishplates where the cracks were and welded cross members between each side (as directed by Keystone). Good welding, everything was prepped and painted, and they even undercoated the wheelwells.

All in all, I'm very happy with both Keystone and Kustom Koach at this point. Both treated me very well.!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
theeyres

I'm glad to hear a positive thread, for a change. So often all we hear is the negative but there really are many, many dealers that want to do good and provide a positive experience. Glad your's is going that way.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
vetorio

I just bought a keystone cougar a few weeks ago, how do I know if the dealer registered the warranty with Keystone
vetorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
fred1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
I'm glad to hear a positive thread, for a change. So often all we hear is the negative but there really are many, many dealers that want to do good and provide a positive experience. Glad your's is going that way.
I think many of us only write on a thread when we have a complaint....so yup..its nice to hear good news stories about dealers as well.....We have a great RV dealer on Vancouver Island...Gregs RV..same story always goes further than expected....Last week we had called to get 5th wheel rails installed....and first thing Monday morning the service manager phoned and gave us a couple of dates and times available....I have found that the most important thing is Service...and when I get good service I don't care too much about paying a little more....When ever we pass through Duncan we stop in and talk to Andy who sold us our rig and just look around....Super folks.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
Ram189

I just signed paperwork on a new Montana High Country last week and when we signed everything there was a form we signed that was the warranty registration with Keystone.
It was it's own separate form so look through your paperwork for it.
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #11
Sduff

I wish everyone would buy their TT from my dealership, Byerly RV in Eureka MO. Great deals and everyone there has one objective, to make you happy. You become part of a family at Byerly. They have a Spring and Fall campout, you pay for the camping and they feed you all weekend. Its a great time, they have a service tech on hand to help with minor fixes and he conducts a question and answer time on Saturday morning. They have a cargo trailer there full of accessories. There are games; washers, fishing contest, putt putt and prizes to the winners. Its just a great weekend.

Steve
USAF Retired '96
Land of Lincoln

2013 Laredo 294RK
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 (max tow package)
2013 Passport 2890RL (2003 Chevy Silverado LS ext cab)
1968 King Camper Popup
2008 Honda GoldWing/pulling a Aluma MCTXL cargo trailer
Sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #12
koko

We didn't purchase our RV at Byerly, but we did buy all of our LED lights there. We had just purchased our camper while on vacation and were staying at the Eureka KOA while visiting our family in St. Louis. Byerly's been around the St. Louis area for a long time (although not in that particular location), and they even used to build their own campers.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #13
zuley

It is certainly nice to see credit given where credit is due. All too often all we get to hear is from people who are unhappy. Our dealer, Lazee Acres, in Orillia Ontario, has been great with us. We had one small warranty issue and it was handled above expectations.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote