Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
jlensi

JT Strong Arm Stabilzers

I just bought a new toy hauler that is equipped with the hydraulic 6 point level system. I have a set of JT's from my old 5th wheel and was wondering if they will mount on the 6 point leveling system? Thanks.
jlensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
byrdr1

You will not them on that system, I think. Got a friend with TH and 6 point system. His trailer is steady as a rock. We are camping together now. I ask him in the AM what he thinks. BUT!!

Randy Sent this!!

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
ctpd814

I have the 6 point level up system on my unit and do not have any problem. I think when you try using your unit, you will find you don't need the stabilizer system.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Courtland
Site Team | Emeritus

I have a 6 point electric leveling system on my trailer and the wife complained about the sway all the time. I put a Steadyfast system on my trailer and all the sway went away. Try it out, maybe the hydraulic system is more robust than the electric jack system setup on my trailer.
My buddies 08 Keystone Fuzion 362 when its just the guys.
https://www.keystonerv.org
https://www.desertriders.org/forums
Courtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
n4qpcham

We have an Ground Control Electric 4-point system on our 2014 MHC 318RE. The rear jacks are a one-piece piston driven by an electric motor. The front landing gear is just like any other 5er landing gear(manual or electric) with an inner and outer leg section. The only difference is the motors have more power and can lift 5K lbs. The inner and outer sections of the landing gear require clearance to move past each other, so there will be some "play" in the front of all 5ers. I like the Steadyast system, but my HC came from the factory with brackets for the JT Strongarms already welded to the frame(JT's are a Lippert product). I haven't bit the bullet on either system yet. Both systems bolt to the landing gear on the front. If using the Steadyfast system's brace on the rear, the brace will have to be connected to a bolt in a hole drilled through the landing pad, according to the manufacturer's instructions. I'm not sure what is required to install the JT's on the rear with a leveling system on the coach, but might require drilling a hole in the pad also.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LS, 6.0L,
2014 Montana High Country 318RE with Ground Control Electric Auto Leveling System
n4qpcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtland View Post
I have a 6 point electric leveling system on my trailer and the wife complained about the sway all the time. I put a Steadyfast system on my trailer and all the sway went away. Try it out, maybe the hydraulic system is more robust than the electric jack system setup on my trailer.
I have no leveling system ( wish I did ) steadyfast worked great for me also. Here is a story I wrote for toy hauler adventures, with no association to steadyfast.

http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2...th-steadyfast/
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
jlb27537

I have the 6 point hydraulic system. You will not be able to use the stabilizers. You will have a little bit of movement, The jacks are designed to level it, not make it motionless.

Enjoy that new rig. Sell the stuff on Craigs list.

Jim
Old 12-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
n4qpcham

I have install instructions from Steadyfast's owner for installation on autolevel systems. File is too large(has pics) for the forum, so send me a PM and I'll forward the file to you.

Jerry

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LS, 6.0L,
2014 Montana High Country 318RE with Ground Control Electric Auto Leveling System
n4qpcham is offline   Reply With Quote