Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2021, 06:25 AM   #41
Bill-2020

Can’t tell you either - but my Micro Air soft start unit “learns” what it needs to do on five start ups and shutdowns after install and performs flawlessly. The microprocessor is, I think, the brains of a smart capacitor in essence. If you’re considering getting something like this to run your a/c on a generator, don’t hesitate.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:01 AM   #42
flybouy
Site Team

I'm "guessing" the actual logic circuits are proprietary and closely held as a secret. I'm "guessing" it's a matter of controlling the amount of inrush over time to "flatten out the spike".

This is an "oversimplification" hut hopefully it may help in explaining. It's a bit like pulling a vertical load with a rope over one pulley or installing a block with two pulleys. They both end up at the same place and theoretically take the same amount of energy. The block and double pully system will take twice as long due to the rope being twice the length but the energy to lift it is 1/2 as much as a single pully so 1/2 the energy for 2 times the duration equals the same amount of energy.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote