Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2020, 05:18 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRB Rig View Post
Hi Paul and Patty. We have a 960ah bank of Expion360 Viper 120ah batteries.
That's roughly $10K in batteries, plus the solar system. What, if you don't mind, do you have invested in your "solar system" ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:39 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

That would buy a lot of gas and generator replacements.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #23
BRB Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
That's roughly $10K in batteries, plus the solar system. What, if you don't mind, do you have invested in your "solar system" ???
About $8k in solar. 😀
BRB Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #24
BRB Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
That would buy a lot of gas and generator replacements.
True. We’re glad we got rid of the gen. 😀
Old 06-02-2020, 04:22 AM   #25
DMK

Quote:
Thank you for the comments. We successfully found the means to securely affix the solar wall. It's been three days and the wall is doing its job, accumulating an abundance of solar.

We are at 102" wide, so we're legal. We've towed 600 miles with the new wall and don't notice the 230 lb. addition.

The frame was designed and manufactured by 8020.net. The lego-like material is strong and we didn't have to weld. The wall is hung by 8 hinges and we'll be adding actuators to lift it. The 8020 grooved frame pieces are designed to securely attach to it. We're happy we went this route vs. using angular aluminum.

Some of the hinges are held by threaded rivets, and we took AbHDToyHauler's advice and drilled through, bracing several hinges from the inside of the garage. We managed to catch the top of the horizontal Happijac beam to give the brace a solid base to rest against.

All in all, you're correct. There isn't much up there. However, we found wood below the wall at the top which helped.

Thanks for your support. Love the forum. Love our wall!

Looks like a sweet setup, but after touring the Raptor plant in Goshen I wouldn't do it with mine! Please keep us updated on how it works out over time and miles.

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:37 AM   #26
DMK

Wait Expion batteries, blue Fuzion TH, white dually, are your roof mounted panels motorized? do you have a recording set up? Eric is this you? If so we met you in Aguanga in mid Feb!
Sweet, trying to remember if all your solar was Victron or not?
Davie/Nicky

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #27
BRB Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMK View Post
Wait Expion batteries, blue Fuzion TH, white dually, are your roof mounted panels motorized? do you have a recording set up? Eric is this you? If so we met you in Aguanga in mid Feb!
Sweet, trying to remember if all your solar was Victron or not?
Davie/Nicky
Yup. You found us! Lol.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #28
Steve d

Quote:
Yup. You found us! Lol.
So, I bought 600 watts of used 38 volt panels for $200 bucks and use three lion's and have never been close to 60% discharge using everything but the AC.

My question is what is your total wattage and at what voltage do they run to the controller ? Thanks
Steve d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #29
BRB Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve d View Post
So, I bought 600 watts of used 38 volt panels for $200 bucks and use three lion's and have never been close to 60% discharge using everything but the AC.

My question is what is your total wattage and at what voltage do they run to the controller ? Thanks
2600w at 12v 😀