Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
BMWCRZY

Looking at Fuzion 429 / 410. Any advice?

Hello all... We are seriously looking at the Fuzion 429 or the 410. Please let me know your experiences good or bad please. I appreciate all the experience and knowledge on this site.... Seems like the Fuzion is in fairly high demand. Not seeing many of these out there right now. Montana’s are everywhere.

BTW - anyone know why Fuzion doesn’t offer slide toppers as an option? Seems like they are optional on Montana...
BMWCRZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
rhagfo

Both are big about 19,000# GVWR, what are you looking at as a TV?
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
K_N_L

Keep in mind most folks only post on the forum when they have problems and questions to resolve. We have one of the smallest Fuzions but have been very happy with it, by no mean perfects and it helps to be handy with basic tools and repairs on any brand of RV. Dont expect Honda build quality and next day dealer service. The 4XX series are full on dually territory for a TV.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
BMWCRZY

I already purchased a 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW HO. So I think I should be set from the TV perspective. I do a lot of my own work so not worried about small stuff. But wondering about major systems: slides, suspension, axles, appliances, structure... I know these things aren’t perfect and it is a home on wheels... Thanks for all your comments...
Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

To comment on your concerns: "But wondering about major systems: slides, suspension, axles, appliances, structure."

The slide mechanisms, suspension systems, axles, appliances are all "industry standard and likely to be found on trailers from all of the major manufacturers.

The structure is essentially competitively built and very (extremely) similar across the RV manufacturing industry.

What differs, IMHO, is the "eagerness" of the manufacturer to step up to the plate and, as "glittery" as it may seem, the décor.

You'll find (I think) about a $5-10K range difference for comparable models produced by all the competing manufacturers. What you get for that money is improved customer support and "eagerness vs reluctance" to work with you to solve problems. If you have problems and need them to step up, you're ahead. If you don't have problems, then paying the extra for better customer support cost you something you didn't need or use.

All the manufacturers have a "legal obligation to meet their warranty obligations" The difference is whether they "jump at the chance to keep you happy" or "you have to drag them through broken glass to get them to even accept responsibility for a problem"....

Of course, this is just my opinion of the industry as a "conglomerate of different manufacturers" and there are some different experiences among owners. Some have never had a problem, some had minor problems and the manufacturer stepped up and fixed them, no questions asked while others have had significant problems and fought "tooth and nail" to get their trailer repaired. As far as I can tell, there is no rhyme or reason to who gets what and which manufacturer will be "nominated for the Golden Award" this year....

I know this doesn't give you any specific info about the trailer you're interested in buying, but honestly, it's very difficult to compare any floorplan or brand to another unless you've owned both and things one owner finds wonderful can easily be the reason another owner would NEVER buy that damn thing again. So about the best you can hope for is that your purchase experience is similar to someone else's purchase experience and that you get to talk to the same CS representative that helped them if you need to call the factory.... Otherwise, it seems every trailer has its own personality and its own problems, unique from all the others.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #6
BMWCRZY

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions!!
Old 02-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
RTJERRY

We’re considering the 429 also. Sorry you didn’t get a reply directly related to your question but must not be many on this forum with that unit. If you’ve obtained any info on the 429 since posting we would be very interested. Thanks.
RTJERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #8
MattHelm21

I can’t really comment on the livability of the two floor plans having only seen the diagrams on the web page but I can say the 429 will present you with one problem while traveling. The hall to the front being on the street side with the slide out means you will probably be unable to access the main bath and bedroom without extending it. This can get old fast when you just need to stop for a quick break. My recommendation would be before making the final decision be sure to get a look at both floor plans with the slide outs stowed.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #9
RTJERRY

Good point. This newbie didn’t think of that. Would still be able to access half bath in garage but hard to take a nap in there.
RTJERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:45 PM   #10
travelin texans

Haven't looked at THs in some time, but previously there were a few drawbacks for us.
The one mentioned about no bath access with slides in was a no go, no seating facing the television, when we looked it seemed all the tvs were mounted much too high so you had to turn 90 degrees while looking up to watch & due to the garage it seemed the living area room space suffered.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion